• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick bios setting about LLC and VCORE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grimace78

Registered
I appoligize for brevity, but am rushed for time.

I have a z77m-d3h-mvp r1 running F7b bios. Cpu is i5 2500k, 16 gb corsair vengence ram 1600mhz, H-80 cooler.

With the current uefi bios I cannot adjust LLC or VCORE to oc. Is this a hidden feature in the new bios, or is there a workaround with the turbo limit settings etc. ? Flashed previous 4 bios revisions and no dice.

I dont have that board specifically... that said, not sure I would overclock on it, or very far at least. The VRM area doesnt have a heatsink on it and is a bit paltry at 5 phases for the CPU...

To answer the question though, if its not there in the MIT section or where you adjust voltage, than it doesnt have it... which would make sense considering the layout of the board in general not being conducive for overclocking.

I dont have that board specifically... that said, not sure I would overclock on it, or very far at least. The VRM area doesnt have a heatsink on it and is a bit paltry at 5 phases for the CPU...

To answer the question though, if its not there in the MIT section or where you adjust voltage, than it doesnt have it... which would make sense considering the layout of the board in general not being conducive for overclocking.

Well that really is irritating. On the one hand the board was a good upgrade for me with the virtue mvp allowing me to play just about any game at the highest resolutions (on a 1080p 40 in HDTV) with a GTX 550 TI, but I hate the lack of options.

It seems like on the hardware side that Gigabyte really provides some good options, but are often not clear but the limitations of more moderately priced boards. Would you happen to have a suggestion for a new motherboard compatible with 2nd and 3rd gen intel i processors, mvp, and overclocking in general?

Both times that I have gotten one (new gigabyte mobo) I end up missing out on a lot of features they advertise (and at least to me suggested by them is supported by the one that I have purchased). I have tried to go through the customer service reps before and have given up all exceptions of reliable information.

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 I believe fits the bill. Confirm it has the MVP, but you can overclock with it just fine.

Like ED suggested, that boards UEFI doesn't offer a Vcore or LLC option...

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1998/14/

The ONLY options I get is Dram in Easytune or BIOS. I'm fairly certain my current gigabyte mobo is the last one I'll ever by. Overall good product, but IMO their sales pitch is full of extravagant claims that don't check out without reading the fine fine print, and customer service couldn't tell you how to use google maps.

Knowing the product line a bit better helps. On their product page, it doesn't mention anything about overclocking on it like higher end motherboads do. I personally wouldn't hold Gigabyte accountable for the board not having the features you want.

Knowing the product line a bit better helps. On their product page, it doesn't mention anything about overclocking on it like higher end motherboads do. I personally wouldn't hold Gigabyte accountable for the board not having the features you want.

This.

I just went to the Gigabyte page about it, and it says nothing about voltage or overclocking controls.

This.

I just went to the Gigabyte page about it, and it says nothing about voltage or overclocking controls.

Fair enough then, with the possible exception of the EasyTune 6 Utility that comes right on the installation disk and the download page for that exact model and OS. I thought that not mentioning overclocking ablilities for products was a disclaimer that nearly everyone posted as a general rule since the general customer base that buys their products tend to OC which can cause damage they aren't responsible for.

I'm also likely still irritated at what I went through with my z68 mobo. I couldn't get a utility (Dynamic Energy Saver 2) to install or work correctly, which said it was compatible with their z68 motherboards. Regardless of whether I missed pertinent details or not being a noob and all, or just not paying enough attention, I gave them the exact mobo model that I had, and the exact utility that was trying to install (with the actual download link included). After having me check all kinds of settings in the bios, change settings in the bios, uninstall, reinstall (2 or 3 times), I was finally told that I needed the original Energy Saver Utility. So I go through all of that I went through with DES 2 with the original version of the utility, and was finally told that that my mobo wasn't "optimized" for either version of that utility and just uninstall it. Whole process took about two and a half weeks, and it would have been helpful if the person providing tech support for Gigabyte motherboards actually knew what Gigabyte utility programs were compatible with which of their mobos they were putting on the market. I actually kept a copy of my questions and their responses because I found it so ridiculous, but it's been a while and have no idea where it is. For the sake of the argument I might be able to find it if I hunt it down though :shrug:

I guess the only real fix for this though is just to take the time to really research the capabilities of the product lines instead of impulsively buying another with a shiny box and attractive price; a challenging thing for me at best.

For what its worth, there are two extremely similar boards Gigabyte makes. One is the Z77M-D3H MVP and the other is the Z77M-D3H.

The non-MVP version has the voltage control, while the MVP version doesn't. Kind of odd if you ask me, but if you saw reviews or something showing voltage control, that may be why.

Back