• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Q: Does Staples have anything better than Samsung RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the one here in ponca has some different brands i thin gskill? but any ram there is way overpriced

I agree about the price. But if you ignore the price and just do a comparison of the RAM in that staples link, the question still stands.

I didn't see anything with your search term "desktop memory", but "computer memory" turned up the brands PNY, Kingston, and Memory Master. The fastest they carry seems to be PC15000, but it's PNY and $10 more than that PC12800 Samsung (Samsung is not God, Samsung is not God). PNY uses chips of widely varying quality, but if you buy in a store you may be able to pick something with branded chips.

You need to read the review of those Samsung sticks on the front page.. the ones that our reviewer had, and others had (at TPU), managed to overclock to the moon.

EDIT:...yeah... maybe read the the WHOLE thread first. :p

Back