• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rhymer362

Registered
I have a quick question for you guys . I'm looking where to buy or what they are called need a male and female connector. The small gpu fan type they are also used on leds on the gpu. I'm going to use the pwm signal of my water cooled gpu to run my gpu rad fans . And can't find these at performance pc or frozen gpu.

Don't do that, running fans on that header counts toward your power % and reduces overclocking headroom.

I guess I should have been a little more clear... I am just using the connector to get a pwm signal not power the fans will be using a molex or sata splitter for the power

Thanks. I have plenty of splitters. Just needed to know what they called those little plugs. Thanks man

Chances are, the PWM signal will die out me thinks because of the distance and redistribution of it.

Gyxbauerjack. Hey man I tried that corsair link you told me about. So far so good it's still working. Just wanting tondo this because it is robbing my front case usbs. Why donyou say the signal will die out. It doesn't with my cpu setup like this ?

Gyxbauerjack. Hey man I tried that corsair link you told me about. So far so good it's still working. Just wanting tondo this because it is robbing my front case usbs. Why donyou say the signal will die out. It doesn't with my cpu setup like this ?

I'm surprised the CL is working as intended as there's many of us that have had issues with it.

As for the signal, I've been told if I recall correctly by Swiftech and Corsair when using the Swiftech PWM splitter, if I were to connect 2/3 Y splitters to connect X amount of fans per channel that I might lose the signal of the PWM.

No the corsair link has been pretty cool actually. When is the last time you tried it ? Maybe new software I suppose seems super simplified . Anyway I actually have 6 case fans hooked up to a sata splitter and 4 rad fans splitter from a liked powered connector off my cpu header. Haven't had any signal degradation as you are talking. I could see maybe if you were to run 6 feet. But I couldn't see a problem just the length of a case. Gtx jack Bauer. You have been pretty helpful to me on here I appreciate that I don't know if you remember how I was trying to use one of my mb fan headers to control gpu temps? Well a guy that has my same motherboard told me of a way to do it so right now the only reason I'm using the link is just because I'm kind of tired of redo things lol just trying to enjoy the 5 or 6 grand I spent on this whole build !

Back