• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quickbooks 97? 98? SW? Compatible today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

I have a business client who is upgrading his windows 95 system that was built in 2007....

He has Quickbooks (SW?) 1997, 1998? I can't even tell...Pulling it off the hard drive.

If he purchases QB2011, should it be good for backwards compatibility? Anybody have any ideas?

I can't even find any info on google...he is so outdated.

I also cannot find any definite information from Intuit (who makes Quickbooks) regarding backward compatibility from a version that old. Your client (or yourself) may have to contact Intuit support to obtain an answer regarding that question.

IMO, it probably will not be compatible. That's a rather large jump from 199x to 2011; it's well over 10 years, which forever in computer terms.

Sounds like the client is overdue for an upgrade.

Sounds like one of those silly (yet all too common) IT departments that thinks massive amounts of work and major breakages every 5-10 years with lots of vacation time in between is preferable to doing many small and not massively destructive upgrades.

I had Quicken on a 98se system, wouldn't even work with XP. Only backup option was to floppy, I think it did a lot of stuff in DOS.

Back