• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Radeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Radeon is back with their second round of 7 nm GPUs, this time it's the RX 5700 and RX 5700 XT. Unlike the Radeon VII which was based on the 2nd Gen. Vega architecture, the new RADEON cards are built around Navi, a fully redesigned core which is aimed at performance and efficiency.

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, what the hell. I'm very impressed by the performance of these cards. I didn't think AMD had it in them to go up against the RTX cards. Very nice review.

Thanks, they did very well against their intended competition. I've been hearing rumours that these aren't the last of them, possible 5800 series?

Ok, what the hell. I'm very impressed by the performance of these cards. I didn't think AMD had it in them to go up against the RTX cards. Very nice review.
Solid release, but to me, I need amd competing higher than midrange. Rtx 2070 performance when weve had a 980ti out and 1080 for years leaves something to be desired.

In the end, these cards are cheaper (since they had to lower it - or baited them, whichever you believe) lost out by a small margin to the super, use more power, louder, and no RT (for whatever that is worth).

The good news is competion... lower pricing and better cards. Outside of that, these dont tickle me much at all. :)

A big thanks to Johan for the reviews... the amount of time he had to do this AMD the cpu review wasn't much... a job well done!!!

Thanks, they did very well against their intended competition. I've been hearing rumours that these aren't the last of them, possible 5800 series?

If this is correct, these would also be without RT capabilities???
With current/future AAA games having or will have RT support, These are a great option if you don't need RT.
-> I'm a BIG AMD fan and would love if they released a 5600 & 5800 Series. The only thing that might help sales ( These are SOOO last Gen cards because of no RT) would be how well they Fold/Mine.
I DON'T know how well the GTX-16xx Series is selling. ^ Will the NON RT cards still be useful 2yrs from now?? ( Remember DX11 HD-5xxx & GTX-4xx was a must have feature)
^ This release by AMD makes the GTX-10xx & 16xx a NON player in the market :)

Did you get any time to try your hand at overclocking with these cards? Curious how well these overclock compared to the 2060/2070 as well. I miss the days of 30%+ increases from overclocking, it would be awesome if these did well and put them on par with the "super" cards.

Did you get any time to try your hand at overclocking with these cards? Curious how well these overclock compared to the 2060/2070 as well. I miss the days of 30%+ increases from overclocking, it would be awesome if these did well and put them on par with the "super" cards.
He covers that in the pushing the limits section. Some movement on GPU very little on memory. Of course this is with a stock card and cooler so maybe an AIB partner will have better success

Like Janus said I think a nice 2-3 fan cooler like Aorus or Strix uses would be beneficial. There wasn't any voltage adjustment at all 5700 had a +30% power slider and the XT went to 50%. Both cards were good for an extra 100 ish MHz

He covers that in the pushing the limits section. Some movement on GPU very little on memory. Of course this is with a stock card and cooler so maybe an AIB partner will have better success

Not sure how I missed that, went back to the article and saw it this time. Seems to be the standard on the newer cards from both sides, not a ton of overclocking headroom.
Thanks again for the great review Shawn!

Not sure how I missed that, went back to the article and saw it this time. Seems to be the standard on the newer cards from both sides, not a ton of overclocking headroom.
Thanks again for the great review Shawn!

Thanks, I ran out of the those.

Certainly this is OCF which makes the reviews skewed towards the highest performance being more applause worthy than the rest of the pack. And certainly as well, I agree in that the top of the heap is the funnest. Certainly, again, AMD has been playing also-ran for quite some time but it is nice to see performance/$ that is very respectable considering that none of these cards are $1k and allow some decent competition to NVidia. The race to the top is benefiting everyone from what I can see. Nice review. Thank you for making it happen.

Great Review :thup:
Any word back on if the AIB's will have custom cards??? It would be nice if they released a - Sapphire Toxic, MSI Lightning or Hawk (<- If this is a true mid-range card), and Asus Matrix.:)
I was checking out some of the AIB's releases and noticed that XFX is now a AMD only player. I haven't heard any Glowing reviews about them since WAY BACK in the days. If you wanted the fastest Factory OCed card it had to be a XFX_____ XXX or Black Edition Card.

Saw a note this morning that ASUS it prepping cards for release in September that will be 'other than reference', paper launch perhaps in August, but general availability afterwards. The rest of the pack can't be far behind.

Back