• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAIDXpert memory leak?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mortimer

Memory usage grows by about 1GB/day for the RAIDXpert process.

ASUS AMD 890GX w/USB3 MB
Athlon X4 3Gz (Propus)
4GB OCZ Gold 1333 (2x2GB)
Win 7 Home(ly) Premium 64
BIOS 1456
Latest drivers from the US ASUS site

No OC. Two striped arrays. One with two Samsung Spinpoint 80GB, the other with two WD Caviar 500 GB.

BIOS changes:
- Increase VDIMM to 1.65
- Turn on SATA RAID for 1-4
- Allocate 512MB to onboard graphics, probably wasted

What I'm trying to do *shouldn't* be difficult. The system works very well other than this memory issue.

Any ideas?

TIA

Last edited:
Just some thought after checking a bunch of stuff.

throw it out :)
it is a remote connectable raid "utility" that uses a Java Library to run.
if the raid0 (specific) is solid, BIOS BASED, and you dont need to monitor it, then stop it from running. put in a shortcut to it and access it that way.
Ex i dont keep my intel storage manager or watcher running, although i can run it to check.

Update it, there was a rescent update of it, when you update it it could be important to update the bios , with the raid bios in it. and drive drivers, they mentioned ACHI type drivers ?

check event viewer for possible clues or errors.

Questions: does it change during certain occurances or activities? Like right after you NET download a big file does it change?
if you ran a netstat or net monitoring is there any odd activity connection via it?
If you task end it, does the memory itself recover? then if you re-run it has it been cleaned up?

Last edited:
Hmm... I have good backups, new system.

I killed RAIDXpert.exe in Task Manager. System still running. No obvious issues. Now to let it run that way for the day to see if stable.

Thanks!

Back