• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[RANT] Finally getting sick of Windows ARGH!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Static we do have, will note that to them, so far it has not happened at all,crossing my fingers!

This is really sad, as i know people that downloaded a certain copy of Vista, installed it, and activated it just fine with no problems whatsoever.

I've had trouble activating my copy of 7 though, and i went to the store and bought it... isn't this "protection" supposed to make it hard for the PIRATES and now the customers?

OEM does not have this problem. I downed my copy off the internet and it has the ability to specify mobo's at install AND I never even had to enter a key at all. Updates fine and even says genuine.
I would kick MS to the curb in a heartbeat but have a windows only voip ap that would require me to run xp in a virtual machine under linux.
Plus, it's always good to have at least the ability to run windows aps. Hiren's latest boot cd has a live windows xp! with networking which can be turned on with the click of your mouse. The network is off by default and the mini xp can be customized too.
I NEED at least two boxes preferably 3-4 for specific applications like a dedicated hardware fw, my voip ap, linux and a windows beater/repair box.

Back