• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Razer *cue facepalm* DeathAdder Elite

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

Can someone please explain how a mouse sensor BREAKS OFF sitting on a desk? Thing was rattling like a maraca after an impressive 12 days of ownership!

Grabbed a g703 instead; and boy is it awesome so far. Being wireless is awesome, but the overall build quality seems nicer than the razer which is kind of shocking really. Shoulda grabbed this mouse the first time :bang head:

logitech are generally the top of the line in mice no big surprise that its better than the razer which is "gamer gear" ok fancy looking stuff with a huge price tag. logitech is all i buy except for a chinese mouse i spent $5 on lol.

I've never known/heard Razer to have good/high-quality hardware. My first recommendation to anyone is Logitech as they have incredible customer service and solid well-build products. Beyond that there are others that are more specialized, but it's the best place to start.

Razer is the Apple of the mouse world lol. Go for Logitech, my MX518 lasted literally 10 years before it died, now I have a G series that I love.

Razer is the Apple of the mouse world lol. Go for Logitech, my MX518 lasted literally 10 years before it died, now I have a G series that I love.

i have an mx518 that is still kicking that and a g400

Miss my G9X best mouse I've owned by miles! It's a shame they stopped making it. Finally lost one of the side click, buttons on it after years of hard gaming.

Still using a MX518 right now.
I love this thing. It's pulverized and still works flawlessly.

Well half the issue I have with most logitech mice are their shapes. I have bear paws, so those skinny petite mice like the g502 just doesnt work. I have a g600 I dont use because it accelerates (which is a no no for me). I was using a corsair m65 with pixart(logitech licensed) sensor for a long time, but they didnt have any in stock when I went and got the Razer.

Shame really, the razer really fit my hand well and the sensor is awesome. Not sure how it can just BREAK sitting on a desk mouse pad lol. But all is well with the g703; I quite enjoy it.

sounds like your in the same boat i am. ive had a hard time finding a mouse that fits my hand since my logitech g5 v2 decided to stop responding to left clicks. thought about tearing into it and cleaning it up but got lazy and bought a g502 proteous. it took months to get used to it. tried the g602 because it was wireless but it was too heavy for gaming. made my hand cramp up lol. so the quest for a mouse that is big enough and i can find at best buy to try it out first continues. i wont buy another unless i can physically touch it.

Ditto here, big hands hate small mice. Oddly i found a really good one from an unexpected vendor, the Zalman ZM-M401R. Smooth as silk and very accurate and although it's not what you call a "proper" gaming mouse, it's been doing excellent for the past 5 years, especially considering it cost $9.99 on Amazon :thup:

http://www.zalman.com/contents/products/view.html?no=107

Just an FYI for those looking for a new mouse. I replaced my G9x with the G.Skill mx780 and really like it. I also have fairly large hands and am a claw grip type. I like smaller mice when gaming and the Mx780 is great for my style.

ill be checking both of those out. i just saw that there are full desk size mouse pads...woooow. im going to get one! they are cheap to boot. $20 for 36x18inch 5mm thick. i dont use the keyboard tray so this will be sweet. its time to retire the func 1030 to the test bench.

ill be checking both of those out. i just saw that there are full desk size mouse pads...woooow. im going to get one! they are cheap to boot. $20 for 36x18inch 5mm thick. i dont use the keyboard tray so this will be sweet. its time to retire the func 1030 to the test bench.

Careful with those cheap ones; a lot of them are really flimsy and are actually really terrible quality. I bought one thinking the same thing, and it got... "retired" very quickly lol.

So far absolutely LOVING the g703. It's been a perfect mouse, and the wireless part of it is absolutely stress free with no issues at all. At 50$ this is an easy recommendation.

Back