• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Re-installation of Windows 7 - No Restore DVD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dja2k

I have a friend that her laptop hard drive was failing and I was only able to save some of her files. The drive did have some 49 bad sectors and some files wouldn't copy no matter what I tried. The Restore DVD's were never done and I tried to burn them, but it never finishes. So I ordered her a new Hard Drive, but now how do I install Windows again using her product key for activation purposes? This is an Acer i7 Laptop, Thanks!

dja2k

You can download the windows iso through microsoft. Google windows 7 iso and get it from the official site. It's perfectly legal because you've already paid for the activation key. Then you can load it onto a flash drive (4GB or more). Use the official microsoft windows usb download tool to make it bootable, then just boot off of it. That's how I transferred my windows 7 installation to my new build from my old computer.

what model is it ? Also what version was installed ? Im betting if you cant find it from acer website or through customer service you will have to obtain it elsewhere (if you catch my drift )

what model is it ? Also what version was installed ? Im betting if you cant find it from acer website or through customer service you will have to obtain it elsewhere (if you catch my drift )
It is an Acer Aspire 5750-8292 and it had Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Wouldn't using an OEM disk of the same Windows version and then entering that serial key work for activation?

dja2k

Okay I will try that and see how it goes. Thanks you all !!!

dja2k

Back