• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

really long boot sequence....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zexmarquies01

Ok, i have a small, and just annoying problem.

I just bought a new MOBO and ram, and CPU for my computer. no biggie. done it before.

but i installed Windows XP pro Corporate version.

i'll boot my computer, everything is normal. the Bios posts, the bios for my VGA posts, etc...

then it gets to the windows splash screen. where it shows that blue bar loading. once thats done, the sceen stays black for about 10 full seconds, before windows loads.

anyone know what might cause this?

one thing you might want to try is going into run - type msconfig - goto boot.ini - select /NOGUIBOOT

it cuts down time a little bit a might work for you.

nm it did increase it went from 5 bars downt o 2.5. wow and my shut down time is amazing. THIS PROGRAM ROCKS ITS GOING INTO THE FAVS. one question this program doesnt run int he background does it?

program is great and stuff and the first time u do that increase boot time works makes it only 2.5 loading bars. but after that for me it goes back to like 5 bars. i dont understand it. u guys having the same problem?

I found that every once and while i hvae to re-run it. I guess it depends how much writing your hard drive does and how much defragmentation it causes.

Stiffler69 said:
program is great and stuff and the first time u do that increase boot time works makes it only 2.5 loading bars. but after that for me it goes back to like 5 bars. i dont understand it. u guys having the same problem?

I have the same thing. Worked really well the first time then its back to the same boot speeds = (

It all depends on how fragmented your hard drive is. I have Diskeeper and I have it defrag my hard drive every morning at 4am. It has been a few days since I ran the program, and it took me about 3 bars this time to load xp home. I only have a 40gig 2MB Seagate drive, and a 1.33GHz celeron, so I'm thinking that if someone had a pair of raptors in raid 0, with just windows loaded on it, and lots of ram, with a fast cpu, that they could get xp loaded up in less or close to 1 bar...

thing is the hard drive cant get fragmented in like one boot what i did is do the boot up increase thing which does an automatic defrag after rebooted system loading time was much better, after that i rebooted computer and the loading time was back to the same old which is like 4-5bars :mad:

Back