• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend me a PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zanzan

Registered
Hello.

I'm in the midst of building my new rig. Can anyone recommend me a PSU that is suitable for my setup (Doesn't need to be overkill).

AMD PII X4 955BE
MSI 790FX-GD70
Team Elite DDR3 1333MHx 2 x 2GB (Prob. will be adding one more pair later)
CoolerMaster V8
XFX HD4850 512MB XXX
500GB Caviar Black (OS) + 1TB Seagate (Files)
Normal Optical Drive (No Blue-Ray)

PSU in mind:
- Corsair HX520W / HX620W
- OCZ ModXstream 600W
- OCZ Fatal1ty 500W

Which of the one listed above is suitable for my setup? Or is there any others to recommend? Prefer a modular PSU but still open to the normal one if they are good. Budget is SGD200 (The lower the better). hah.

Thanks.

Hello.

I'm in the midst of building my new rig. Can anyone recommend me a PSU that is suitable for my setup (Doesn't need to be overkill).

AMD PII X4 955BE
MSI 790FX-GD70
Team Elite DDR3 1333MHx 2 x 2GB (Prob. will be adding one more pair later)
CoolerMaster V8
XFX HD4850 512MB XXX
500GB Caviar Black (OS) + 1TB Seagate (Files)
Normal Optical Drive (No Blue-Ray)

PSU in mind:
- Corsair HX520W / HX620W
- OCZ ModXstream 600W
- OCZ Fatal1ty 500W

Which of the one listed above is suitable for my setup? Or is there any others to recommend? Prefer a modular PSU but still open to the normal one if they are good. Budget is SGD200 (The lower the better). hah.

Thanks.

The Corsair HX520 by far. Since you are not SLI, those extra cables won't be used and won't have to be tied off anywhere. I'm running two rigs with the HX520, one over three years (Opteron 180) and in my sig, and they've been solid, stable and quiet.

Welcome to the forums!
Of the ones you picked, I would go with the Corsair HX520.

PS#
SGD= Singapore Dollar?

Yes. Singapore Dollar. :)

The Corsair HX520 by far. Since you are not SLI, those extra cables won't be used and won't have to be tied off anywhere. I'm running two rigs with the HX520, one over three years (Opteron 180) and in my sig, and they've been solid, stable and quiet.

From what I read (forums/article), Corsair has a good review for their PSU.

Antec TruePower New series. Bronze 80+ certified, great PSUs overall. Beat all 3 you posted easily.

550W
650W

Will look into it Ha-Nocri. Their price is within my budget. Thanks!

I would still stick with the corsair units. They are both modular and their psu's are EXTREMELY solid. Just built my sister a rig with a 650TX and it was great. the sleaved cables are nice as well. I would personally say the 620HX just for good measure, but I am sure a 520 would so too. (the system my sister has is about half the power of your system and has a 650watt for overkill and future x-fire).

I got the OCZ ModXtreme-pro, its 700w and SLI cerdified, so if you want to go that route it will still work

Iv had it for a while and it works great, however, beware short cables!

I'm running the Corsair HX520 in my rig (see my signature) and everything runs beautifully. All nice and stable, very quiet. Not much heat comes out of this thing.

Fairly similar specs to what you'll be running too.

Last edited:
Back