• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Recovery partition and ssd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imposter

Just got a new lenovo laptop, and a SSD drive for it. I remember hearing back in the day that you shouldnt just ghost the contents from mechanical hdd to a SSD. Does the same thing still apply now? Would that extended over to using the lenovo thinkpad recovery partition that is now on my USB flash drive? Or should i just do a fresh install?

Thanks
Imposter

Last edited:
If you used a program that was aware of SSDs, it would copy fine. To save space, I wouldn't include the recovery partition, but that is up to you. You could always take an image of the disk with Clonezilla and store it on your system. If you ever wanted to restore the image, it would be trivial.

well i am using lenovo's default recovery software. They have a tool to make a bootable recovery flash drive. So i wonder its aware of SSDs, im sure it is. Would be nice if it there was some documentation. Thoughts?
Thanks Thideras!
Edit, seems like its working, but i wonder if its most optimal?

I don't suppose there is an english version?

edit google told me what to look for.

Green text above size of the HDD = good!

Last edited:
AS-SSD is multi language. You just need to change the default language.

Back