• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recruiting Contest

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cluster

I am gonna attempt this once again. Only this time I've got a battle plan:D

Here's how it will work. I will set a date that all contestants must be signed up by. After the Start Date the contestants go out and find referrals. These referrals must report back with the referral ID# that the contestant gave them. The Contestant is then credited for the referral. Additional points will be given based on a percentage of how many points the referral gets from Stanford. (i.e referral gets 100 points based on 10%, contestant gets 10 points.)
Here's the point system as of now. Amendments to this system may be brought to my attention.

Referral
  • 1 to 5 (3pts)
  • 6 to 10 (2pts)
  • 11 and up (1pt)
Referral points
  • 1 to 5 (12%)
  • 6 to 10 (6%)
  • 11 and up (3%)

By this system if the referral was your 4th, you would recieve pts for 12% of his Folding Points, if he was your 8th, you would recieve 6%.

There will be fairly strict guidelines setup for the contest. Such guidelines will include:
-no old folding members (before contest date)
-no folding for referrals
-no creating new nic's as referrals.
-no recruiting from forumers directly belonging to other folding teams. Those forums that do not have a team (ask a mod first) may be approached. If they are associated with another team, and a dispute breaks out, be kind, apologize, take any heat thrown your way. If it gets out of hand than I will have to deal with it.

I basically want to keep the contest clean. Those caught cheating or acting inapproriatly will be DQ'ed and may be further banned from contests depending on the severity.

Any ideas or opinions on this are greatly appreciated.

Oh ya, any chance of this getting a sticky? I'd like to try and make this a long time thing for awhile. For the time being i think prizes will include WU's for now, just until i get a set procedure down. Eventually it will include prizes.

And if anyone has ideas on how we could handle prizes, maybe donations? Any ideas are appreciated.

The attached file contains the rules and regulations as of right now. It is only small right now and will be ammended through time. Please put any amenments in a noticable format such as bold, underline, italic, color... so that i can note the changes and ammend the original.

The file is in text format so it can be read by any text viewer.
Send any ammendments to ME

Back