• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remnant 2 PC Performance - Unreal Engine 5 game! - Your PC isn't ready for this!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

I remember talking about this in another thread a few days ago, and honestly, the 1st comments say everything...

"Upscaling was supposed to help lower-mid tier cards gain playable framerates, not serve as a crutch for poor optimization."
"No game should require upscaling to be playable with modern hardware. A 4090 struggling at 1440p without upscaling is a joke and sign of incompetence"

"New ground broken, now PC gamers don't have to put up with crappy console ports, they now have crappy UE4->UE5 ports"

Somehow I haven't even noticed this game was released until today. I checked one video in the morning, and I have mixed feelings. Maybe I should back to some Switch games that I haven't finished yet...

"Remnant 2 is an incredible game... easily establishing itself as a gold standard of content value, player treatment and creative passion. The game is deserving of your time, your money, and your praise, checking off nearly every modern box to break what has become the traditional mould. Remnant 2 is not in my top 3 favorite games of all time, for a multitude of reasons and I will be playing it long after this review has been finished."

unreal engine versions usually come out with a game as a demo or beta test of what the engine can do, a tech demo essentially.
These tech demos used to be Unreal\Unreal Tournament but lately it seems to be any thing but that, that all i see this game as.

The tech demo with little to no optimizations or fixes, UE 5 will get various updates fixes and tweaks so it can run on a potato and then it'll be UE 5.5

They did the same thing with 4 and the ones before it...

i'd rather there be a new UT game instead though

Back