• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

replace gigabyte's stock chipset/mosfet heatsinks, yes or no?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathAngelLST

So it's summer, temps are going up etc. Although cpu temp sits at 60ºC with prime95 I can only wonder how hot the chipsets and mosfets are and if those heatsinks are enough.

I took all the fans out of the haf922 except the top 200mm exhaust during winter due to the insane amount of noise. I am wondering if replacing the stock sinks by thermalright's would be worth the investment or they would drop temperatures by only 1 or 2 degrees.

Thoughts?

If it is the DS3P. I owned one and did replace the the stock sinks. I ended up making my own concoction..

If anything, you can clean the stock TIM off and use a quality paste. That did help me some. Adding active cooling also helped. Which is a very tight space wise and hard to mount anything on it. (I drilled a pilot hole on the side for mounting.) I happened to of had a dinky 25mm fan on hand.
The NB chipset (stock cooler) was very hot to the touch. While overclocking on the high side. Under normal conditions. While warm. Normal airflow should keep it cool enough.

Back