• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacement for my Vantec Aeroflow v1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Inositle

Hey, haven't posted here since forever... but anyway.

Right now I have a Vantec Aeroflow HSF and it has always created case vibrations from the TMD fan etc... Also, the temps are alright, but hurting more now that it's summer.

So... I'm looking at the Thermalright SP-97 at the moment for a replacement. I have an extra SmartFan II and I wasn't sure if I should use that or buy a 92mm fan. I'm wanting a nice tradeoff of perf. and noise. Also, how much of a temp difference do you expect me to see from upgrading?

And if anybody has any good sites w/ good deals on the SP-97 plz list. I'm looking at SVC right now.

Thank you as always,
Josh

Okay, thank you Radar, I have my SM2's turned all the way down with my fanbus and yes, they do make a rather annoying whine at higher speeds.

Also, do you know any stores that carry the Panaflow Ultra/Highs?

Just one more :) , does this fan look good compared with the Panaflow's that Radar suggested? I'm trying to stick just with SVC unless somebody can show me another company that has all of this in stock and good prices.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
This is the only place that currently has the Panaflo 92mm U1A in stock. ULTRA ! Air Flow: 68.8 CFM - Noise: 43 dBA Speed: 3450 rpm, 0.43 amp/ 5.16 watts
CLICK HERE

A good alternative is the Delta 92mm HHE series..I just installed one on my SP-94 HS yesterday..I remove my Panny U1A and relocated it..The Delta is no louder than the Panny at full tilt..

Specifications: 92x92x38mm, 71.69 CFM @ 3200 RPM, 42.5 dBA, 4.20W, .35 amp, 12v DC, 3 pin power connector, optional 3+4 power connectors.

CLICK HERE

Here's a link to a place that sells the SP-97.
LINKER
I haven't looked into the Panaflo's really, but the Delta HHE looks pretty nice. I just ordered one from Sidewinder the other day and it should be coming today, yay. The Delta has a nice combination of low noise and high cfm that I like so I went with that. Good luck in your search.

[edit] Never mind the Sidewinder SP-97, it's more expensive. OOPS. :eek:

i was also very disappointed with the amount of vibration and noise from my aeroflow tmd ~~~ i took an 80mm to 120mm adaptor and put a panaflow 120mm fan on it ~~~ there's enough room on the flange of the 80mm side to use the tmd 70mm mounting holes ~~~ quiet and smooth
http://www.pctweeks.com/x1/05090019.jpg

Thanks for the replies everyone. I looked at the Delta fan and it looks nice, but on that site's Listening Room the 80mm Delta's are by far the loudest and whiniest.

From experience, is that Delta that you suggested sound like these, or is it fairly quiet?

Thanks

Nothing like them... I own the fan and the noise that it produces is a deeper hum, no mosquitos in my case!. If you have a fan controller, you can turn it down until you can barely hear it.

The advantage it has over most of the Panaflo's is that it puts out a lot more pressure... which is needed for the fan to cool the base of the HS. At 78cfm's, it puts out as much air as the 80mm Tornado only 10dB quieter! Overall, great fan for the Thermalright HS's... would recommend it to anyone.

Back