• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Requesting advice on new water cooling rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TBH I'm sick and tired of having a new case and rig every time I build a computer. Sure, it's fun, but it's really expensive. Rather than 1 or 2 years down the road thinking to myself "you know I could easily go higher end with my water cooling, and then I'd be able to overclock more..." I'd rather blow the cooling out of the water so-to-speak and get it all over with with an extremely intense rig.

I don't think being a beginner to custom rigs will be affected by whether I use 2 radiators or 4. Having to set up the radiator is a task I'll learn to do, and having to do it 2 times or 4 times is not going to make a difference to my inexperience.

The choice is, of course, yours. But understand, a 2-loop cooler, with the right fans\pumps\blocks is going to be able to strangle whatever you throw at it.

Actually, being a beginner will complicate things a bit for you. Unless you're a truly singular individual who can get everything perfect on the first try, there is going to be a learning curve, and along with it some regrets. Remember, I'm not trying to talk you out of anything here, only express an opinion based on the components you mentioned.

Alright well I just don't want to have to replace this even in the next 10 years (more probably... this setup will last forever).

So I think I've decided on doing the setup as 4 loops. 4 radiators (3 120.3s, 1 120.2), 4 dual-bay acrylic reservoirs, 4 T-lines for filling the reservoirs with ease, 4 short drain lines, 16 Yate Loon (I found a blue LED UV yate loon fan that's actually the high speed model) fans: 11 fans for the radiators, 1 fan for the one extra fan port on the back panel (since I'll be getting something similar to the triple standard back plate rather than the regular one GTF got), 1 fan for the extra space next to the motherboard I/O panel, and 3 fans for custom ports I'll drill or dremel into the acrylic side panel in front of the motherboard (for more exhaust than just the two i just listed). All compression fittings (holy **** I counted out the number I will need and it's so ****ing expensive it's blowing my mind... I don't think I'll be able to afford food for the next year lol), with the adapters for the PA radiators (I read through your posts GTF, now I see that's what you need them for... good thing I read through because I would not have known the PA radiators used different threadings than G1/4) that are listed in GTF's post. I'll be using (yes I know it's expensive :\ ) Feser One coolant for two reasons. 1: It's the only coolant that has the color orange. 2: In the test some review company did (can't remember which) with all the leading coolant brands, it was the best (better than plain distilled water even in some of the tests). And of course, I'll be using 1/2" ID 3/4" OD Tygon Tubing.

I just sent an email to Mountain Mods explaining that I want a case 20 inches wide, 22 inches deep, and 24 inches tall, and I explained how I want the panels laid out (for the front panel I asked for dual 6bays because I don't have fan controllers laid out like GTF's were). Hopefully they'll respond quickly with a price quote and estimated amount of time to build me its parts.

Man I can't wait to make this computer... I think I'll name it Alexi because it's the best of the best :D (Alexi Laiho)

Back