• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Requiring help on overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KevinIsLost

Registered
I have an asus motherboard p5n-4 sli, and am planning to overclock and Allendale core two duo cpu. There is supposed to be a utility included with the motherboard for something about benchmarking or overclocking, i forget which but i cannot find it. Any suggestions?

You definitely want to have a search around the net and the forum posts here and learn how to overclock via the BIOS instead. Using those types of windows utilities to overclock is just ASKING for your harddrive to be corrupted.

A good suggestion for testing your overclock is to use a bootable CD that has all the benchmarking and testing software, so you can actually leave your hard drive and precious data unplugged until you know your overclock is stable. TMod's (look in Google) makes a good one.

Back