• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Screen Tearing :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DareDevil_747

Disabled
Ive gotten bored with all my newer games, and pulled the old dusty shoebox out of the closet and found some older games to play, one im currently on, Return to Castle Wolfenstein...
I am running it at 1280 X 1024 X 32 with all details maxxed. Also using 8XS AA, 16X AF, and "Supersampling" transparency AA. Vsync is also On in my drivers.
The game by default I think runs at 80FPS, but even when I use the "/com_maxfps xxx" command and cap the framerate to 60, or even 50, I still get really ugly screen tearing, especially in an indoor environment, not too bad strafing, just turning, or looking around.
The last time I played this game I was using a Geforce 3 Ti200, which was a "high-end" card at the time ;) and I dont remember having this issue then..
Is there something im missing? Or do I have to live with this?

Try turning down the OC on your vid card some, and try again. It *may* be causing the issue, even if your OC is stable in other/ newer games.

@chevro1et - dropped her down to 470/1100 - still tearing :(

@Panzerknacker - I force vsync on for everything anyways, screen tearing is a pet-peeve of mine, and I rarely ever see the need for more than 60FPS, since I dont ever play multiplayer..
For some reason, turning off transparency AA helped some.... ??

Try setting seta r_swapInterval in you config file to 1.
It is supposed to control vsync in Quake3 engine games.

Back