• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EXPIRED RETURNING!: 1TB Seagate ST3100052 8AS Barracuda 7200.12 Hard Drive - $40 AR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mine worked for a day and stopped. i wanted to use it as a second drive. but now my system doesn't even boot when it's connected - it doesn't even let me enter the bios.

i won't touch a seagate ever again, the bigger problem though is that all my work is now lost, because i transferred it to the new drive - so stupid...

i also tried using it as a single drive, just to see if it would be found in the bios - but nothing changed - the system stalls and freezes at the "lanparty" screen....

if anyone has any advice on what to try - please let me know - will greatly appreciate it.

mine worked for a day and stopped. i wanted to use it as a second drive. but now my system doesn't even boot when it's connected - it doesn't even let me enter the bios.

i won't touch a seagate ever again, the bigger problem though is that all my work is now lost, because i transferred it to the new drive - so stupid...

i also tried using it as a single drive, just to see if it would be found in the bios - but nothing changed - the system stalls and freezes at the "lanparty" screen....

if anyone has any advice on what to try - please let me know - will greatly appreciate it.

like i have said before... and will say again... i wouldnt touch a seagate with a 10 ft pole... 2 7200.11 failures this week at work.... sounds like this 7200.12 has the same issue.

like i have said before... and will say again... i wouldnt touch a seagate with a 10 ft pole... 2 7200.11 failures this week at work.... sounds like this 7200.12 has the same issue.

so there's no way to recover the information?
(sorry i double-posted - won't repeat the same in the other one)

so there's no way to recover the information?
(sorry i double-posted - won't repeat the same in the other one)

unless you buy a the same model hd... or the same model pcb thats working and swap out the pcb (which is fairly easy) you the hd is dead.

unless you buy a the same model hd... or the same model pcb thats working and swap out the pcb (which is fairly easy) you the hd is dead.

wow, i would hate it if i have to buy another one of these bullshit drives.. and would opening them void the warranty?

VERY frustrated:

1. Seagate has a 3d party company Data Recovery company (i365) on their website

2. Seagate does NOT cover the cost of that, they just gladly recommend you to do it

3. Seagate warranty dept - 25 minutes on hold, then they claimed that Seagate has never paid for data recovery. on the question why would they be affiliate with a data recovering company the associate answered "i don't know" and refused to ID herself - just put me on hold again...

so here's the idea: make BAD drives, sell them cheap, then get cash for recovering the data from them... very well, Seagate!

i'll update this post if i get anywhere, which i doubt..

Back