• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Right drivers for AHCI & XP-32 on a B75M-D3V board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fritzman

This build is messing with my head!

I want to run an SSD on the single SATA3 port, but use XP-Pro 32-bit on the new board, 2120 cpu and 4Gb ram. Basic office pc.

I have gone to the Gigabyte site and downloaded this...

ss.jpg

Extracted the files onto a USB floppy... Done the gparted setup of the SSD so it gets aligned and created the patrition, etc... so I am ready!

Booted from the CD and hit F6... Hit S to install the right driver and there are a whole bunch of different AHCI choices, so have tried most of them, but figure from my reading, that it is meant to be the "Intel Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller" one. Select that and it uploads fine and the CD loads up a few more bits, then it stops doing that (like appears to complete that phase, get a black screen for a couple of seconds and then poof... BSOD...

A problem has been deteceted rah rah rah...

Check for viruses yeah yeah... remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.

*** STOP: 0x000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x0000000, 0x0000000)

Fantastic! :bang head

Even tried a platter drive (on the same SATA3 port)... same result.

Sooooo... either I have the wrong driver, or I have the wrong setting in BIOS.

Hopefully someone has been down the path that I'm trying to go down, and can shed some wisdom.

+++ edit +++ Problem solved... after much heartache and stress... I finally tried a couple of the other options further down in the list of controllers (including the one for 7-series boards, which I believe this one is) and it is all sorted.:bday:

B

Last edited:
Back