• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rma-ed a 9700 Pro, 9800 Pro on the way! ATI must be out of 9700's for RMA's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Rma-ed a 9700 Pro, 9800 Pro on the way! ATI must be out of 9700's for RMA's

This is to confirm that your replacement RMA Number CSXXXXXX has been shipped.
Below are the details of your shipment:

Ship Date : 05/27/2005

Courier: FEDEX
Service: FedEx Standard Overnight (3 pm) - USA
Waybill: xxxxxxxxxxxx

ITEM/DESCRIPTION REQD SHIPPED B/O
---------------------------------- ------- ------- ------
102A0752101 1 1 0
R350 128MB BGA V-VO-DI HY-(338M/378E)

I am 100% positive that P/N 102A0752101 is a 9800 Pro, the R350 is a dead giveaway.

Plus I looked it up at ATI ;)

http://apps.ati.com/102lookup/results.asp

Results On: 102A0752101

Product Description BIOS Part Number 102 Part Number
RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB VGA DVI-I TVOUT 113A07521104 102A0752101

The real question is why if they ran out of 9700Pros did they not send me a X800XT so I can get rid of this damn 6800 Ultra :bang head

Hey, They recieved the defective 9700 Pro on the 23'rd and ATI is decent on testing and turn around, ATI even is next day Fedex'ing the card to me, this is another reason why I hate being an Nvidiot. :p

PS Maybe its fate, I gave a buddy my 9800pro for his 9700 pro, go figure his card dies on me after I sold it :( I had to refund the money to the buyer and I felt bad, but in the end I came out.... even :shrug:

crimedog said:
not bad hope it's a fun card :)

why you hate nV so much? you know your 6800u rocks your world, admit it!

I'll never admit this 6800u POS is a good card, at least not in public. Sheeesh.... next thing you know I'd be buying an AMD, and that -'AIN'T'- going to happen in my lifetime, it's bad enough I'm a closet Nvidiot :p

sounds like a nice little free upgrade for your trouble....... I guess ATI ain't so bad after all. ;)

Silversinksam said:
I'll never admit this 6800u POS is a good card, at least not in public. Sheeesh.... next thing you know I'd be buying an AMD, and that -'AIN'T'- going to happen in my lifetime, it's bad enough I'm a closet Nvidiot :p

Come to the dark side my friend
diablotin.gif

Silversinksam said:

Right on man!! :attn: :p

JDXNC said:
Come to the dark side my friend
diablotin.gif

I swear sometimes it's painful for me to go to the Nvidia section of the forums, I usually always walk away shaking my head. As far as going to the AMD side of the forums, just do a search of my name in the AMD section, I only go there if there is a report a thread problem and I get out of there as soon as possible, otherwise they start calling me an Intel Fan Boy and start throwing virtual stewed prunes and tomato's at me.

So I prefer Intel and ATI, hey some people like Grapes and others like Raisins, you should always buy what you like, provided both are competetive in price. Only reason I have a Nvidia card is the price was much cheaper than ATI's flagship model at the time, in fact it was over $100 cheaper, as far as Intel vs AMD my price rational has no merit for that, I just don't like AMD! Since AMD stopped working together with Chipzilla 10 years or so ago... Some of you long timers may remember the Processeors that said AMD and Intel on the same chip, the ONLY thing I thank AMD for is keeping 'Chipzilla' Intel from charging a mint for a chip if they were the only game in town.

--See I said something nice about AMD, somebody please shoot me :cool:

A1Killer said:
hey if you dont want the 6800u ill take it just ship it to mee and ill take it lol i ownt be fussy lol

Send me a AGP X800XT and you got yourself a deal, Slaps self with a wet noodle....Trading only occurs in the Classified section, I should ban myself :shrug:
Hey I'm retired and my money doesn't grow on Palm Trees here in the Sunshine State, that's why I have to be thrifty in my video card selection, I don't upgrade like some of the folks around here

The good news is I probably will donate the RMA-ed 9800Pro to the folding section or maybe the Seti people here for a membership contest to cure cancer or find ET.... or something along those lines.

Cerberus2k7 said:
Im Intel and ATi also. Although i've been curious to see how the 6800 line stacks up as I *want* to use linux more.
I'm anal that way too with Intel/ATI. In fact I've only owned Built By ATI cards. Cant even bring myself to purchase Powered By's.

Redstone said:
I'm anal that way too with Intel/ATI. In fact I've only owned Built By ATI cards. Cant even bring myself to purchase Powered By's.

Currently all built by Ati cards are made by Sapphire. The rumour now is ATI itself and not Sapphire will be the sole producer of the X850XT Crossfire edition master card. Read this here

Silversinksam said:
Currently all built by Ati cards are made by Sapphire. The rumour now is ATI itself and not Sapphire will be the sole producer of the X850XT Crossfire edition master card. Read this here

That's lame...they shouldnt stamp "Built By ATI" on the side of box like they did with my X700pro. oh well. still like the card.

when my x800xt pci-e died and was rma'd to sapphire they sent me an x850xt :) its always nice to get a little more than you expected

Silversinksam said:

my fx 55 owns ur pentihose!@!! j/k lol I like my 6800 ultra. I also liked my 9700 and 9800 pro cards. My kids run the 9600xt cards they still rock at 1024x768!

Back