• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RTX 2070 and Diablo 4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

P A U L

Registered
Anyone plan on getting Diablo 4?

Think an RTX 2070 will run it well? I'm hoping the prices on it will drop in 2 years when I assume D4 will launch (assuming Blizzard doesn't crumble). I don't want to spend a huge sum of money just to play 1 game...and GPU prices sure are hefty.

Yes...

Diablo 4 Recommended Requirements​

• CPU: Intel Core i5
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or ATI Radeon HD 6870 or better
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 1024 MB

I'd imagine 1080p/60/ultra at least, sure!

I mean, you have the hardware, so try it and see! :)

I imagine it would be fine, the diablo games are generally not super power-hungry. But by the time D4 comes out, who knows what will be available at that time.

Would Diablo's spec demands increase in the next 2 years while they're still developing the game? What are the odds? I'm frightened to see what GPU may be "required" later down the line. So far 2070 seems to be at a sweet spot but that's with 2019~2021 play testing.

I haven't kept up with modern games and their beta releases or whatever, so I'm not really sure how games evolve during development before it reaches the market.

I plan to get it for sure. Hopefully all the staffing changes don't screw it up too bad though.

I run Diablo 3 and Diablo 2 Resurrected on my laptop with a 3060 and it runs fine. I don't see 4 being that much more demanding so your 2070 should run 4 no problem. Worst case scenario you would have to turn down some settings.

At first release it will probably run pretty rough but after some tweaks it will get better.

I considered 2070 as "baseline" because the new Call of Duty Vanguard called for 2070 as "recommended" spec. And I made a layman's assumption that since D4 began production either earlier, or around the same time, it would have relied upon relatively similar generation of GPUs. Also ignoring the fact that computer technology becomes outdated every other day.

Also, 2070's current price is more than I'd like to invest, but am also hoping the prices will ease up in the next 2 years (when I imagine D4 will finally come to market).

Currently 'upgraded' to a 1060 as a stepping stone because I needed to replace my 690. Funny enough, the 690 and 1060 were roughly the same price so it was more of a trade lol. However, this gave me zero hope that 2070's price will fall.

Fingers crossed for my assumptions.

Back