• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rx580 blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmbientFiction

Senior Folding Zombie
Somewhere in the top 100 folders for team 32
Looking to build a loop so I hit up swiftech and they asked me for the REFERENCE DESIGNS BOARD for these two
1. GIGABYTE AORUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 GV-RX580AORUS-8GD 8GB
2. GIGABYTE Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 GV-RX580GAMING-8GD 8GB.

Does anyone know what the Ref design board are for these two? I've used my googlefu and failed to find the info I need.

This will be my 1st loop gonna go for both of these GPUs, my FX9370BE and pick up the moutning for am4 socket when I rebuild in a few months once mining am4 boards are worth a damn. Its all going into Thermaltake 9x so space won't be an issue.
Thanks in advance,
AmbientFiction

IIRC those are custom PCB graphics cards, not a reference design.

your going to have a really hard time finding blocks for those unless you go with a universal block. most universal blocks just cover the gpu so its pretty much pointless being that you will have to have some serious fannage cooling the mem/fets etc. that sucks so bad, i have a pair of 580 blocks but one is for an evga card(ek) and the other is a msi ref danger den block :( so neither will work. i would hold off on wcing the gpus until you upgrade. new fullcoverage blocks are going to run you $100- $125ea. so leaving the 580s out of the loop will save you some loot.

After looking at EK's coolingconfigurator, it looks like there's no full block for those. As already stated, you'll have to go with a universal block, that's if you're still planning on going full water.

I use a universal block for the last couple of years.

Saved a bunch of money as I used it on 6 different cards (7970, 5850, gtx 570, 9800GTX, 780 ti and 1080 ti). I use a 92mm fan to cool the vrm section and ram.

For sure it doesn't llok as sexy as a full block, but GPU itself is very zell cooled. Max temp I got was on the 780 ti, with bios mod, that was runnning@1450MHz... The 1080 ti@2000MHz/1.09v (well, it's a dog...) hits 43c max on firestrike stress test and stays around 40c after hours of VR gaming.

And best thing about it? I bought it on overclockers.co.uk online shop and they made a mistake on pricing: got it new for £10!!! Thiought "Heck, will buy some more", put they tagged it with right price back.

That's the one:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raijintek-gwb-c1-vga-water-block-universal-wc-008-rt.html

Batz, are you cooking spaghetti tonight? :rofl:

crossfire and new fans.jpg

Back