• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[RYZEN 5 1600] Should I be worried with these temps ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

renektron

Hey everyone,

So I just built my first computer and overclocked it. Here are my specs:

• Asus B350 Plus
  • Ryzen 5 1600
  • Corsair 16Gb 3000Mhz
  • SSD 228Go
  • GTX 1070

I have overclocked my processor to 3.9Ghz with 1.4V. My temps at idle are around ~50°C and while gaming it goes to about 70°C. I have the stock Wraith cooler. Should I be worried of there temps or everything is fine. Should I upgrade the cooler ? Is there anything I can do to lower the temperatures ?

Thanks in advance !

Your max temps while gaming are no concern at all but those idle temps seem high. Do you have Cool N Quiet disabled?

I'm quite new to this. I haven't touch such thing as "Cool N Quiet" so I assume if it's enable by default that it still is.

Hey everyone,

So I just built my first computer and overclocked it. Here are my specs:

• Asus B350 Plus
  • Ryzen 5 1600
  • Corsair 16Gb 3000Mhz
  • SSD 228Go
  • GTX 1070

I have overclocked my processor to 3.9Ghz with 1.4V. My temps at idle are around ~50°C and while gaming it goes to about 70°C. I have the stock Wraith cooler. Should I be worried of there temps or everything is fine. Should I upgrade the cooler ? Is there anything I can do to lower the temperatures ?

Thanks in advance !

If the most you are going to do is game and surff the web you will be just fine that is a good temperature.:)

Hey,

I might actually do some renders ! And since I'm learning I just want to have the best practice / tips and try to be has perfect has it is possible to be with the hardware haha. I've seen on a lot of threads people having like ~35°C at idle state.

Thanks for the reply !

Alright, I was worried because a lot of people on the internet say that it can hurt the Ryzen processor they are not meant to support such heat. So I'm safe even if it stays at 70°C for like 3-4 hours ? Do you have any idea on how I could lower the temperatures (appart from buying a better air cooler) ? Thanks !

You could run 80c 24/7 for 5 years with no problem. Thermal limit on Ryzen is 95c. So you could run that for 3 years without voiding the warranty. I run my CPU at 94c with stress testing for 8 hours at a time. If you would like to run cooler you would need better cooling your choice.:)

Can you run the Vcore lower and still run stable? If you can that will lower the temperature a little.

I would not worry about the temperature for what you are using the PC for, it looks like it is doing just fine, it will last for many years to come.:) I have not seen anyone kill there PC with heat, they throttle first to protect itself.

Back