• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Saints Row 2: Greatest Co-Op Game of All Time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Enjoy your argument guys, I'm gonna go play L4D with some buddies. :)

(someone taking themselves too seriously)

Wow. Have you played any other video game than SR2?

Basically what you're telling me that you haven't driven in the game yet, you've just been playing the boring unpolished missions? When you drive a car and then throw it in reverse you don't start reversing before you come to a complete stop. When you go off a jump you don't clip through the ground and fall forever. When you shoot a gun in the middle of a neighborhood theres usually cops involved, not someone coming up to you for NO REASON and starting to fist fight you.

You want SR2? Fine man, take it. I've played it long enough (yes longer than your silly asusmption) to find out it has literally nothing to offer except a little more swearing and crap music.

Btw, quit telling me I haven't played the game enough when clearly you had a blindfold on when you played GTA4. Its not about the realism, the graphics, the gameplay, its the whole package. Its called a good game. Remember? Like Half-life 2? Portal? L4D? SR2 isn't a good game just because its the only game you have.

Anyone want my copy? I can't stand this stupid game.

Wow. Have you played any other video game than SR2?

Basically what you're telling me that you haven't driven in the game yet, you've just been playing the boring unpolished missions? When you drive a car and then throw it in reverse you don't start reversing before you come to a complete stop. When you go off a jump you don't clip through the ground and fall forever. When you shoot a gun in the middle of a neighborhood theres usually cops involved, not someone coming up to you for NO REASON and starting to fist fight you.

You want SR2? Fine man, take it. I've played it long enough (yes longer than your silly asusmption) to find out it has literally nothing to offer except a little more swearing and crap music.

Btw, quit telling me I haven't played the game enough when clearly you had a blindfold on when you played GTA4. Its not about the realism, the graphics, the gameplay, its the whole package. Its called a good game. Remember? Like Half-life 2? Portal? L4D? SR2 isn't a good game just because its the only game you have.

Anyone want my copy? I can't stand this stupid game.

If he doesn't take it I'LL take it. (Matter of fact the hell with him, you offered it to me first! :p )

I can give it to one of my cousins. I'm almost at the end and wouldn't mind starting it all over again.

If you don't like this game (or Ghostbusters) then you and I would have an impossible time agreeing on a movie to go see.

...I mean I'd have to go to Ottawa to see it anyway... Wonder who's number one at the box office over there...

Does this discussion pertain only to gang simulators or all open sandbox games?

If its the latter, Prototype and Infamous are much more fun on a visceral level.

I hated GTAIV, and it sounds like I would hate SR2 as well...

A game with one giant map where you drive around shooting random people isn't my idea of fun.

If he doesn't take it I'LL take it. (Matter of fact the hell with him, you offered it to me first! :p )

I can give it to one of my cousins. I'm almost at the end and wouldn't mind starting it all over again.

If you don't like this game (or Ghostbusters) then you and I would have an impossible time agreeing on a movie to go see.

...I mean I'd have to go to Ottawa to see it anyway... Wonder who's number one at the box office over there...
I dunno whats number 1 up here. But lets see if you're right. Out of all the movies in theaters right now (lets go to Silver City in Gloucester), I'd want to see Public Enemy, maybe Up, and I thought Transformers 2 was ok (but not fantastic). How about you?

If its the latter, Prototype and Infamous are much more fun on a visceral level.

Really? I find Prototype looks too button-mashy for my taste. I've yet to play it though so I will give it a shot once he's done.

Really? I find Prototype looks too button-mashy for my taste. I've yet to play it though so I will give it a shot once he's done.

It's a little button mashy, but I wouldn't say it's overly mashy. It really is a TON of fun. When I started playing it I was really, really surprised at how much fun I was having. Haven't had that much fun with a game in a long time.

It's not only gang simulators but it IS only online co-op games.

Of course... in GENERAL... there are a million games better than GTA and SR2.

I hated GTAIV, and it sounds like I would hate SR2 as well...

A game with one giant map where you drive around shooting random people isn't my idea of fun.

That's it: You can't just judge a game by how it LOOKS... I mean sh**... think if reviewers did that: "DARK SECTOR IS AUTOMATICALLY THE GAME OF THE YEAR!!"

You actually have to PLAY a game before you can judge it. If you PLAYED Saints Row 2 and GTAIV you would realize that they AREN'T all about running around shooting random people. There is a very deep story element to both that takes place across a large metropolitan area.

As for Infamous (haven't played Prototype.) It's NOT all that button mashy. In fact... mashing buttons is an excellent way to get killed.

There is actually a lot of technique involved. Mind you... I'm not one of those people that feels that FPSes are the end all and be all of gaming. I actually prefer third person games. (Taking Ghostbusters, MGS4, and Gears of War as three great examples of them.)

It's easy to just be a snob and say something sucks without knowing anything about it. But that's what governments usually do.

I dunno whats number 1 up here. But lets see if you're right. Out of all the movies in theaters right now (lets go to Silver City in Gloucester), I'd want to see Public Enemy, maybe Up, and I thought Transformers 2 was ok (but not fantastic). How about you?

I definitely want to see Public Enemies. I heard it sucked, but the person I heard it from and I tend to disagree on a lot of movies. (In fact, the worst movies I've ever been to in my entire life, I've seen with her.) Up is probably good, but I won't see it because the worst thing in the world is a kid's movie with a kid character IN IT. I don't mind that it's a cartoon. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm was great. But I hate when they throw kids into ANY movie. Cartoon or no.

It's like a cheap pop.

If you PLAYED Saints Row 2 and GTAIV you would realize that they AREN'T all about running around shooting random people. There is a very deep story element to both that takes place across a large metropolitan area.

Played and beat GTAIV, and I call bull**** on the whole deep story line.. the whole basis of that game is driving around and shooting random people. If you try and say otherwise you're a fool. Can you seriously tell me people go out and buy a GTA game for the story!?

as for SR2, I haven't played it yet, you're right, but from what I'm reading, I would very much dislike SR2 as well. But, then again, I was never a GTA fan. If I had to pick between 100 hours on GTA or 100 hours of Final Fantasy, I'd go with Final Fantasy hands down.

So maybe my standards are a little skewed.

That's it: You can't just judge a game by how it LOOKS...
I'm not talking about the looks of the game. I sat beside my brother for 3 hours watching him play the game. I've yet to try it and I will, but I don't like games because they're beautiful or they're hyped.

Same with SR2. My gameplay is almost 3 hours IIRC, its not like I haven't played it at all.

I definitely want to see Public Enemies. I heard it sucked, but the person I heard it from and I tend to disagree on a lot of movies. (In fact, the worst movies I've ever been to in my entire life, I've seen with her.) Up is probably good, but I won't see it because the worst thing in the world is a kid's movie with a kid character IN IT. I don't mind that it's a cartoon. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm was great. But I hate when they throw kids into ANY movie. Cartoon or no.

It's like a cheap pop.

Agreed, but I still wanna see it. Mask of the Phantasm was a good movie, mainly because it wasn't kiddy.

Back