• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Saphire RX 6900 XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks ..... that's what I figured, that will be my first reference card.

I ordered the alphacool block yesterday. Dazmod has the ek block $240 + $75 backplate + 13%tax + shipping = about 440. Its actually cheaper to get the same parts from performance pc, by about 100. I would prefer to suport canadian business but.....

Looking at the alphacool blocks from this generation (moreso the 6000 AMD but also the 3000 series nVidia) it seems like they use an awful lot of o-rings. Very interesting and appealing visually but maintenance may be challenging. I really don't understand what's happening on the IO side of the card, maybe it's just me, but it doesn't look like the water will really flow through that circle. I guess it may be built so that the coolant cannot cross over the entry to the jet plate, and it divides either going directly to the jet or around the memory / vrm cooling channels. I'm sure they know what they're doing, just a different look for sure!

Dazmode pricing has gotten a little on the pricy side lately. I can't compare pricing for my block for my 2080 they didn't have stock and i bought from Performance Pcs. I really don't like the look of the card compared to EK or Bykski which I really like the look. I almost pulled the trigger on one but don't know about their quality. Alphacool I think we can count on quality parts, I too wonder about the O rings but that's something I can probably live with. Right now I have a bigger issue to work out with drivers or bios to deal with, I've never dealt with anything like it before.

Last edited:
Alphacool I think we can count on quality parts,
In my experience, Alphacool is let's say average. I had a really bad experience with some of their products and good with some others. For example, their CPU blocks with plexi top started to leak after longer work at ~70°C. I guess it's a matter of product in this case. I wish you all the best with your GPU block ... even though for this GPU it seems like it's only for the looks as even on the standard cooler you reach about max OC.

So change of heart decided to go with the EK block and backplate from Performance Pcs its a little more expensive but they were in stock. AFTER running a few benches for the Overclocktagone I found the back of my card was getting pretty warm once overclocked. This should help.

Back