• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

School lappy was fried, looking for recommendations on a replacement?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

My laptop I use for school is dead, and now I'm on the market for a replacement. Does anyone have recommendation on brand, model, etc? Budget is $400 max, not a single cent over. I'd be writing reports, and doing internet things like watching YouTube. Would like it to be able to play MC during break but that's not a must.

If you're ok with it, 400$ gets you a whole lot of laptop if youre ok with refurbished units.

I got a laptop with an i5 3320m, 8gb of ram and 256gb hdd off newegg for 128$ a month or so ago. It was normally like 225$ or something like that, but still even that is a pretty solid laptop for that kinda thing. I actually have it underclocked by 65% to prolong battery life, and its still plenty fast to do what I need to do on it.

I mean, heres an i7 with an ssd for 219$ right now. No, not the most aesthetically pleasing laptop on the market, but functionality per cost is through the roof on this one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._re=laptop_refurbished-_-34-264-080-_-Product

Back