• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Scythe Coolers Compatible With LGA1200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haha, Scythe. Who uses them with an 1151 mount? No one...ha...Certainly not...me...

Honestly though, what's the cooler in the first picture? The heatpipes sticking through the black top fin, actually an interesting look.

Fuma 2 is pretty good. There are better coolers but in this size, it's one of the best. It performs better than 240 AIO on Ryzen 3k.

It's the Scythe Mugen 5 Black RGB.

Linky

It's Mugen 5 ARGB Plus so this one. The difference is that ARGB Plus has 2 fans instead of 1 and it has ARGB lighting with a covered top.
I was testing Mugen ARGB Plus on 10900K and it handles the CPU without issues. Results are slightly worse than on Noctua D15 and fans run a bit faster but it's still a pretty good cooler and not so expensive.

For some reason, I haven't seen the first photo when I was checking the article earlier... maybe something was blocked in my browser or it couldn't refresh on time.

Yes, these coolers are correct as you said.
That ARGB effect is even not bad. On some coolers it's just annoying and here it works quite well and is not too flashy. Synchronization also works well. On ASRock mobo I only connected it to RGB header and all was working fine without additional adjustments.

I liked the Fuma I enough that I put it on the 4790k system I did for my daughter. Knowing Scythe's penchant for improving their products, I have no doubt that the Fuma II is a fine heatsink.

Back