• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seaking general chassis cooling advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TooOld4This

Registered
I'm not too clued up on this, so I'd really appreciate if anyone can give me some useful advice on how I can better my current chassis setup.

It's not a big chassis, so there's no much room to play with.

3492zbb.jpg

2ahuzau.jpg

1ekmt5.jpg

358coqu.jpg

2ic477l.jpg

I have 2 fans which came with my Hyper 212 Evo in a push / pull, flowing in the same direction as the main chassis exhaust fan which sits rights next to them, so they are in a nice line. The CPU fans run at 1800rpm and the exhaust fan runs at 2200rpm.

The side of the chassis has 2 areas which have breather holes. The circular area is right at the tip of the CPU cooler and the rectangular shaped group of holes is next to the GPUs. I tried adding another fan around the latter group to help suck outside air in. The fan only runs at 1000rpm and I don't think it really helps all that much. Without this fan, I can still detect that outside air is being sucked in through both groups of holes, but the flow doesn't seem nearly as great as the exhaust flow going out from the main fan.

Any ideas on how I can better things? Much appreciated!

Since you have 3 available 5.25" bays, you could put a 3x5.25" bay fan underneath your CD/DVD drive for a good intake fan. Those bay adapters from Lian Li and Silverstone are around $35-45 though, or you could buy three cheaper mesh 5.25" bay covers and rig up your own fan behind them to save some money.

You could mod your case by cutting holes to mount fans in different areas like the top or side panel.

Back