• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Second pump required?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bijiont

Well doing a major overhaul on my rig changing to AMD over to Intel. . . AMD's 2014 roadmap well for the lack of better words upsets me.

So I am parting out everything and I am going to add a 780ti to my current configuration (see signature). What I am starting to wonder however is if the XSPC with the D5 vari will be able to handle that many components.

The GPU blocks and also the HW Rads which are a little restrictive (but cool nice) have me wondering if I need to break this into two loops.

I have also toyed with the idea of just dropping the 580 and selling it (if I can).

The D5 with reservoir going from some reviews I had on it back in the day;
http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/12/06/xspc-d5-dual-bay-reservoir-combo/3/

Room ambient temp is kept pretty cool year round normally around 62° F.

Any recommendations are welcomed.

Yeah don't have problems now, just wasn't sure if it would have been possible with keeping the 580 in the loop.

I am thinking adding the second GPU would cause to much restriction and performance issues on the overall loop.

I would just keep the 1100T, its still a solid processor, and yours is pretty much a golden sample.

No need for a 780Ti and a 580, so just drop the 580. Then you won't need a second pump.

Before dropping a 4.5GHz 1100T, I would wait until the next release from Intel, or maybe wait for X99/Haswell-E.

Edit: I say this from experience, I should have kept mine in hindsight, and just gotten a better motherboard for it.

Back