• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Server Project for work = Completed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dark_15

Drunken Master JNCIE Senior
Original thread: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=359147

Thanks to everyone's help (especially Xaotic), I have finally completed building the new server system for work. Click here for a webpage to view all the new toys. This page is probably not 56k friendly, as there are several large pictures, so a heads-up to you dial-up users. :)

Anyways, I would especially would like to thank Xaotic and PMS-Fishy for their help and to answering my noobie questions. Thank you very much!

EDIT: If there is anything you want to know about the system, please feel free to ask in this thread!

Looks sounds and.... tastes sweet. Seagate cheetas are awesome. I have 2x in my main rig.

And holy **** that is fast. :santa: Early christmas present!

Ok... I am going to add pics to this thread to hopefully make it easier... my webpage is acting a little flaky...

Liebert Mobile Rackmount:

image002.jpg

This is the SuperMicro Server. Dual Xeons @ 3.4 GHZ… 4 GB of DDR2 RAM, 2x 37 GB 15k U320 SCSI hard drives (Seagate Cheetas):

image004.jpg
image006.jpg

This is the Front view of the server. Here we see (from top to bottom) the QLogic Sanbox 5200 (FC Switch), the IBM DS400 (3x Seagate 300 GB 10k SCSI in RAID-5), and the IBM Ultrium-2 LTO Tape Autoloader.

image008.jpg

Same Devices – Rear View (The blue cables are CAT 5e network cables, and the orange ones are Fibre Channel Cables)

image012.jpg

This is the view of the ServeRAID manager for the DS400…

serveraid.jpg

You betcha, David!

2 QMD's and a few gromacs! I think F@H uses about 700 megs of RAM alone! Once it gets started for work, I will have to turn off bigpackets, so no more QMD's...

The server was down over the weekend due to relocation to a new site. However, it is rock solid folding and has yet to crash on me! The dust that you see is from construction...

I just added a rackmount kit to the server at the bottom of the rackmount, so I will be adding pictures to this thread for everyone to see.

Back