• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Setting in" a new sound system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Satsumomo

Hey guys!

Well I'm planning on getting a small but decent 7.1 system from Creative. Now, I've read some reviews of crackling and dead speakers on new systems, but I'm sure it's because people are just turning up the volume way up on their brand spanking new system.

I've previously read some tips on car audio to leave the stereo on overnight with some music so the speakers "set in" and flex accordingly.

What would be a good method of doing this for my 7.1 system? A test file with highs and lows, set to low volume overnight? Or is this just unnecessary? :O

Thanks!

If it makes you feel better dont play them loud for the first week but there really is no need to break them in manually by running pink noise through them for a given period of time

Over time the suspensions will loosen some by playing them and that is really all "breakin in" means.

Back