• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

setting up RAID 0 help..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

los318

Registered
OK. The comp i'm using now is the first i've built myself. Now, I ordered two Samsung 500G HDD's to put in RAID 0. I've never setup a RAID 0. Does anyone have some links i can goto to read on how to do it? Is it just as easy as plugging them both in and going into the BIOS and setting up those to as RAID 0? I'm using a EVGA 680i motherboard that does support it. Any help yall can provide would be great. Thanks!

Carlos

normally you go in the bios to eneable the raid option then you reboot and then you have the option after the bios booted to go and do your raid volume... and dont forget you may need to insert floppy when you install windows

nikita@quebec said:
... and dont forget you may need to insert floppy when you install windows

do i have do this portion? I have windows loaded on the HDD i've been using for awhile.

SavageBasher said:
not unless you plan on install windows onto the array

nope dont plan on it. leaving that HDD standalone

You'll want to enable the controller in the BIOS first as well as the SATA ports that the drives will be attached to if necessary, without the drives for the RAID array attached. Boot into Winodws and let it detect new hardware(RAID controller) and install the drivers for it. Then shut down, attach drives for RAID array and then boot up and create the RAID array by entering the RAID BIOS by pressing F10 or whatever ever key prompted. Then after rebooting into Windows go into Disk Management and initialize and format the drive like any other.

thanks! i should be recieving the drives today. i'll try and toss them in tonight or tomorrow. thanks for all the help guys!

Carlos

Back