• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

shamino is awesome

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was waiting for someone to try this out. Weird that it didn't help. Lower temps definitely helps out the ATi Xx00's and X1x00's memory by itself.

Gautam said:
I was waiting for someone to try this out. Weird that it didn't help. Lower temps definitely helps out the ATi Xx00's and X1x00's memory by itself.

I think its just the nature of DDR3. I am seeing alot of crazy overclocks with DDR3 that they didn't even put ram sinks on it. However with DDR1 it certainly is very usefull as it gets hot.

Mr.Guvernment said:
um how is 1ghz core %50 faster from 650mhz.... someone needs to work on thier math :)

Ya I dont get what the deal is? That statement is basically right, I mean no one gets that specific when they are describing %'s.

:shrug:

Unless you just bugging him, then :p .

DOH! stupid me..lol

i dont know what i was thinking %50 as 1300!

yeah sorry is righ 650 -> %50 = 325 | 650 + 325 = 975 :)

Gautam said:
It appears the memory chips are not the limiting factor themselves. The issues seem to revolve around the core and mem controller. Actually I'm not surprised it didn't help. It seems the people with the superior core cooling are getting the best memory overclocks, so I'm thinking it's either a core/mem controller issue or pcb issue.

HousERaT said:
It appears the memory chips are not the limiting factor themselves. The issues seem to revolve around the core and mem controller. Actually I'm not surprised it didn't help. It seems the people with the superior core cooling are getting the best memory overclocks, so I'm thinking it's either a core/mem controller issue or pcb issue.

when kp puts ln2 on the core it is not just the core that gets cooled to -degrees the hole card dose along with the ram chips

i do not think sham cooled the ram enough to notice if it would work or not

he just did not get the chips cold enough or as cold as you would find with ln2

the design of shams cold plate was never going to make much differance to the temps of the ram there were to many parts to make for good heat transfer

i belive there is enough evidence ie. the fact that kp can do it with ln2
that it would be worth further work using a full on evap system

and full respect to sham for his first try i am sure he wont stop there

Back