• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

silverlight crashes in chroe, games dont launch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kommanderkodiak

I've never ever ever had any issues with Windows 7 this is a first and by far are really odd one. These following issues are connected as they began at the same time and this is a fresh install of Windows 7 (i reinstall once a year or when i upgrade certain hardware [cpu/HDD/Mobo] ) this install is a month old and this started a couple days ago.

Possible Cause: Video files played choppily and with artifacts, so i "uninstalled windows media player" by going to windows settings and features and unchecking the box restarting and repeated t the process to reinstall it. Now actually that fixed the choppiness and artifacting. (these issues were also present in VLC and meda player classic)

current issues: Microsoft Silverlight crashes on video start in netflix on Chrome but runs fine on IE10 ive uninstalled and reinstalled it many times (around 10) via the tool microsoft has on their site. I also unistalled it with that program but opted not to install silverlight through the program and instead downloaded silverlight from netflix that also didnt work.

THe other progblem is that some programs wont run at all like installers for chipset updates and games regardless of whether they are on steam or not, however, ARMA 3 ran perfectly in Windowed mode.|

other notes: when i first watched nextflix after the install i had screen tearing in the videos during side panning i reinstalled the video drivers for the titan and that cleared that up otherwise it worked perfectly until i fixed the issues with WMP choppy video play back. At this point im contemplating reinstalling, unless this is a minor fix. Currently gonna reinstall chrome, as i wait for responses.
The rig is in the sig

Well reinstalling Chrome didn't change anything. Also of note when the game launches the resolution changes for a second and the icon briefly appears but then it all returns to normal the icon disappears and there is not pop up window telling me that *game*.exe has stopped working or crashed its bizarre

After you did you Windows reinstall did things work ok for a period of time before they started acting up and crashing ?

Ok, I just reread your first line of the post and it said you redid your windows a month ago and the issues began a couple days ago.

What if any other software did you install at the same time or a day or so before the problems began. I would check the control panel add/remove programs and sort them by date to see whats there the same or a couple days before the problems started.

That's how I solved a crash problem I had several months back. Some of my games were crashing at start up etc. I finally traced it back by the method I mentioned above and when I saw the program listed in my add/remove programs list I knew right away that was going to be my issue. I had began playing around with Lucid Virtu MVP as it came with my ASrock motherboard. I was trying it out to see if I got more performance and of course and I forgot I installed it. Soon as I uninstalled the program all was well again.

Now im not saying that's your issue or anyone else running those is going to have problems. Just for whatever reason is what happened to me. You never know whats going to give you the answer on some of this stuff ;) Good luck !

Yes i did a reinstall seems to be all working now. That was so unusual. I've installed windows 7 any various computers over 10 times never seen that issue. Yeah iremoved every nonessential program. It was also the first time i had installed on that Particular SSD so if issues arise again i'll RMA it

Back