• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Simple thing for mouse. Ahhh...much better!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AarontheJC

I was looking at my mouse today and realized it was the only piece of my setup I hadn't touched, and I couldn't let that stand. I immediately knew what I was going to do with my mouse to make it personalized...put a decal on it.

I attend the UofA, where our mascot is the Razorback, and had a hawg decal sitting right there in my drawer. Quick application...no mess...and it's all mine. Now I have a conversation-starter and a bit of spirit with my improved, customized mouse. Heck...for 25 cents...I'd take a decal to every mouse.

19516361.jpg

Surely someone in here has modded their mouse to include a small fan to keep your hands from getting sweaty during LAN parties!

Wangster said:
Surely someone in here has modded their mouse to include a small fan to keep your hands from getting sweaty during LAN parties!

LoL...that's what LANning gloves are for! Like driving gloves, only they're fingerless for keystroke accuracy...=).

that mod should work on pretty much all optical mice...jsut make sure what wires your connecting where and that you use the properly rated LED ;)

i have a logitec optical mouse and i pulled it a part today to check out the modding potential... you would be able to do the cryo mod but it would have to look different... its just the way the mouse was desigened... lol on a funnyier note there was a chunk of metal in it... just bolted to the top.. not touching anything, buttons still click and all ( i took it out) i figure that it was just in there for weight as a marketing scheme (you know you feel like you get more (and you do lol) when something is heavier, or that it is more packed with technology...) but after all hat i decied no to mod it today... maybe some other time though i'd need to get a good idea... but the mod dose not work on ALL optical mice, thouhg im sure you could make it work with some modding of the mod, lol:D

i wanna do the mod but its not a good guide like, first u see it appart then u see a led solderd on, and u see a resistor, what Ohm u use? what LED u use? kinda hard for a n00b like me lol

Back