• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI clarification

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epauls

From reading up a bit on SLI it appears that you can *not* run multiple monitors when in SLI. Is this true?

epauls said:
From reading up a bit on SLI it appears that you can *not* run multiple monitors when in SLI. Is this true?

When you have SLI enabled you will only display on one monitor. But you can simply uncheck "enable SLI" in the nvidia control panel and then you can use both displays (or up to 4 displays actually)

EDIT: hey Ubercool, 2 of my friends are teachers at Jeff High school!

um, UC?
I didn't think you could do sli with anything put a PCIe card.......

I think he's talking about adding another PCI card to do a second monitor. That way you can keep the original cards in SLI mode and still drive a second. Only thing is that PCI cards suck :) I had to use one a while back and you can definitely see how slow they are.

You have 2 PCI-E cards, add 1 PCI card. Run two PCI-E cards in SLI. And PCI card will run the second monitor. Slow or not, its fast enough for a second monitor, and it works. Games will run in main monitor by default, there for it wont be slow.

In the second monitor you can have your messenger and internet open. Im sure PCI card can render a MSN messenger fast enough with out missing out on any important sybering. And they are faster then any on board video cards.

yeah, I have 2 7600GS and 1 geforce mx 4000, for SLI + second monitor. BTW i can top 1000 points on my mx 4000 in 3dmark01

Who thinks they can beat my secondary monitor graphics card with thier secondary monitor graphics card?

Back