• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI GTX 770 4gb and 770 2gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pablorz007

Registered
Hello, please I need your help mates.

I have the 2 GPUs (Gigabyte 770 4gb OC y EVGA 770 2gb SC). At first IN Nvidia Control Panel didn't show me de SLI options. I had the latest drivers installed. 353.06. With the SLI Bridge connected (I tried 2 different New Bridges - ASOS ROG and the asrock original). I only could use the EVGA 2GB for PhysX.

I read a lot in fórums, but nothing concrete. both things. That it could be posible but the RAM of the 4GB was reduced to 2 GB. That is wasnt posible, etc.

I tried switching beetwen PCI Express slots, but did't work.

Finally i Re Intalled Drivers, in Now is see the SLI Options, but are disabled in grey and i can't Change that. But when this option showed UP, i have de Gigabyte 4GB in the SLOT nearest CPU (Slot prefered in manual).

Sorry my bad english.

I hope you can help me.

Regards

Dear,

I found another exactly VGA Gigabyte (GV-N770OC-4GD) and the SLI Runs Great :) :) . I'm not sure, but it seems that only Works with the same amount of ram. But the mistery continues until somebody confirms the opposite.

Regards

with different memory capacity SLI does not work, but

SLI with different memory size works if
1) open "regedit"
2) HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ NVIDIA Corporation \ Global \ NVTweak
3) create a key (DWORD) "CoolBits" the value "1f"
4)Reboot

This will limit the extra memory on the video with a large volume

Palit GTX770 2Gb & GigaByte GTX770 4Gb

Back