• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLi mode not enabling, plesase please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aqon04

Registered
Hello, bit long winded but please help if you can.

What a nightmare this has been.
Right i have 2x leadtek px6800gt sli graphics cards and an asus a8n deluxe motherboard.
I changed over the little pcb to the dual graphics card on the board. placed the sli bridge on both cards. plugged both pci express power cables into cards and also molex in the ez plug.
Booted up and got into windows and said your system is properly configured for sli mode and click here. It then took me to Enable sli multi gpu in control panel. I then ticked enable sli multi gpu, then apply it then came up with a box which said, your displays, which are attached to your secondary graphics card, will appear blank when sli is enabled, this is because your secondary graphics card will accelerate your primary card. connect your display to the primary graphics card when your system restarts. When i click ok it removes the tick in enable multi gpu and it keeps doing that over and over again. If i reboot it says its detected it again and takes me again tp enable but will not let me select enable and then apply, it keeps removing it.

Here's what i have done to try and solve.
Both cards have exactly the same bios, tested both cards singley and they work no problem.
tried 3 motherboard bios, 1004, 1006 , 1007 (beta).
Used driver cleaner and removed driver.cab aswell.
Made doubly sure that all cables were inserted properly including monitor cable.
Also re installed xp, then motherboard drivers then graphics card drivers, version 66.93 and 71.84.
still doesn the same it just wont let me enable multi gpu use, even when it says on the taskbar your system is properly configured for sli use.

have i missed something out ? anybody else using leadtek cards on this board

I got leadteks but have not had that problem. Did you insert the EZ plug in the right way, Dual Card Mode faces into the plug. Also try enabling SLI Mode in the Bios. There must a problem with your configuration if you reformatted to no avil.

Must have been me being stupid. I didnt realize you had to unplug the monitor into the secondary and then the primary card. Sorted now

cheers

aqon04 said:
Must have been me being stupid. I didnt realize you had to unplug the monitor into the secondary and then the primary card. Sorted now

cheers
now give us some benches!!

Well so far 9150 in 3dmark 2005. Cant overclock the cards due to the 71.84 drivers and this board isnt stable when running my memory at its rated speed of 275fsb.
I can run memtest all day when my memory is at 295fsb, but as soon as i bench at this speed it just craps out.
May have to go with the dfi sli board.

Back