• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SndProb..music in microphone background?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gessfk

Hi..I've got a really cheap, really old sound card right. Well, I've tried everything I can think of, but for some reason, I can't fix this problem.

What happens, is, any audio that is coming out, is stuck in the background of my microphone when I use it.

Examples: I'll be listening to music on my headphones..if I try to talk into the mic, the music will come through, with my voice.

If I use sound recorder, while listening to music, even if I turn the volume down, it still records the music playing.

The main example: I'm playing counter strike:source, and people can't make out what I'm saying, because of the guns firing in the background, or the music is all distorted sounding, and they can't hear me. It sucks.
------
According to EVEREST, I have this sound card:
Device Description Type
ESS Technology ES1938/ES1941/ES1946 Solo-1(E) AudioDrive PCI

one thing I did notice, was if I muted the "Wave Balance" in Recording options, it'd make it stop recording what was playing in the background..however, then I can't hear ANYthing either..so that sucks worse

Back