• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So far my CBBID results!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
glock19owner said:
rotf.gif

LOL :p so you were lying about teh C&Q crashing and locking up :rolleyes: :sn:

Nope...but that was a funny comment about my system...couldnt help but bust out laughing over that comment...

And if you re-read the link you posted...someone else had the same issue as me

Super Nade said:
For the record, I can't boot with CnQ enabled, if I'm OC'd at about 2580MHz.
Say even at 234 x 11.

Sentential said:
Thats because CNC boots to default of 1ghz reguardless. So if you raise the FSB it will attempt to default to the multi of 5X with whatever FSB you have with 1.0v.

For most winchesters that can handle as high as 1.5ghz before they start ****ing up from undervolting. Ive done it before but my FSB has to stay under 250 otherwise its unstable as hell.

This is why it hampers your OC...

gvblake22 said:
So what seems to be the "Athlon XP-M IQYHA" of the Winchesters? Anything??
Seems like it is definately not CBBID...

CBBHD If possible...find a later 04...earlier 05's are not doing as well...

0444 - 0447's seem to do on average between 2.7 - 2.9 on air...some have hit slightly over 3G's...

glock19owner said:
CBBHD If possible...find a later 04...earlier 05's are not doing as well...

0444 - 0447's seem to do on average between 2.7 - 2.9 on air...some have hit slightly over 3G's...
DAMN! I figured there was a magic stepping out there somewhere, but at least 2.7 on air for CBBHD! :drool:
Thanks for the quick reply glock19! :burn:

Not a problem :)

I am running a CBBHD 0444 myself...as you can in my sig...2.75G on air was pretty easy to achieve...once I got away from the crucial value ram and got some TCCD memory...wish I had the money for a phase change setup...this would probably do 3G in one...

And also take into account...with a A64...2.75 would be that of a Mobile running at 3+Ghz ;)...the A64's are around 15% faster then the XP's in 32bit programs...

glock19owner said:
And also take into account...with a A64...2.75 would be that of a Mobile running at 3+Ghz ;)...the A64's are around 15% faster then the XP's in 32bit programs...
Yeah, I am definately aware of the performance advantage of the A64 architecture as well as the 90nm process, but my bank account is trying to make me forget! :-/
Oh well, I guess thats why I come here: to be able to drool all over your nice OC's :D

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!
lol :cry:

gvblake22 said:
but my bank account is trying to make me forget! :-/

My account was crying afterwards also...but I was happy at least...and honestly...If planning on moving to A64...just save up and go with a good NF4 and PCI-E and a new vinnie when it comes out...

The new Vinnies will be more up to par with the Intels with SSE3 instructions...and will also have strained silicon...same as what the FX's are using...so this should mean that they will OC even better then the winnies...

Here in about 6 months or so...my account will be screaming rape all over again ;)...

@glock19owner

one person says to keep under 250 HTT to be stable another says its unstable with 234 HTT :shrug:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3491061#post3491061

Super Nade said:
The reason I ask is because effective implimentation of CnQ depends on the motherboard maker. The technology is supported by the CPU, but the MoBo maker is the one who needs to implement it correctly.

then hitechjb1 quoted and reply back to Super Nade that C&Q works fine and didn't notice any problems,also he'll do more testing... hitechjb1's running @318 HTT. btw,dunno what happened to hitechjb1's reply,but it was there the other day but now its gone or deleted :shrug: weirded :sn:

anyway,C&Q is a useful tool like ram divider and there's no harm in trying to obtain higher OC,sometimes there're trade off,so one needs to tweak it accordingly :p unlike doing crazy hardmod to teh cpu and mobo :beer:

j3lly said:
@glock19owner

one person says to keep under 250 HTT to be stable another says its unstable with 234 HTT :shrug:

Now why would I want to drop in HTT to run C&Q...if you have to drop in HT to run C&Q...does this not mean that in some way that it does and will hamper the OC...

And you have 1 persons that got a good result while almost everyone else disables it because it hurtst their top OC...

Also...if this was a OC friendly option and does increase the OC...then why do the top OCers disable it...dont you think they would want every Mhz the CPU will give for there benchmark runs?

all i know is that at 250 i am now stable, but i crash while loading windows with CnQ at the same clocks and settings

glock19owner said:
Now why would I want to drop in HTT to run C&Q...if you have to drop in HT to run C&Q...does this not mean that in some way that it does and will hamper the OC...

And you have 1 persons that got a good result while almost everyone else disables it because it hurtst their top OC...

Also...if this was a OC friendly option and does increase the OC...then why do the top OCers disable it...dont you think they would want every Mhz the CPU will give for there benchmark runs?

LOL :rolleyes: who the hell is telling you to drop youre HTT?
what does youre teh stupib idiotical HTT has to do with anything?
where're teh links where they told you C&Q hampers OC???

hi_its_ryan said:
all i know is that at 250 i am now stable, but i crash while loading windows with CnQ at the same clocks and settings

C&Q has nothing to do with HTT.others have ran fine with HTT clock over 300 mhz.

@jelly

please be more respectful of forum members. I wasn't gonna post in this thread because glockowner is doing a great job at helping out chris, but enough with the " :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: " jelly. Having C&C disabled is a well proven and accepted approach to overclocking, so glock doesn't need to show you links proving why it hinders ocing. If you are trying to prove an unconventional approach, you are the one who needs to show links/proof.

Lon3R said:
sry but C&Q help an OC , rofl nothing more but to laugh at :rolleyes:

Show the Proof that CnQ physically helps a OC...I can show a lot of post where they all say it hampers...including myself...just re-read a few of my post...

And not a thread where 1 or 2 people out of 20 gets a good result...

Better yet...lets see Both of your specs...show me that either one of you can hit 2.75+ with CnQ enabled...and not for 5 mintues :rolleyes:

glock19owner said:
Show the Proof that CnQ physically helps a OC...I can show a lot of post where they all say it hampers...including myself...just re-read a few of my post...

Better yet...lets see Both of your specs...show me that either one of you can hit 2.75+ with CnQ enabled...and not for 5 mintues :rolleyes:

I have seen c 'n q really work on Kurare's comp it really gave him a 100Mhz more but the processor was a 0420 week socket939 Newcastle... getting 2500Mhz out of REALLY early newcastle on air is really a trick and c 'n q really helped a lot. And why are everybody in here so sceptical about using c 'n q to help overclockin I quess it is at least worth a shot...

So I suggest for everybody to give it a shot!

glock19owner said:

i was trying to say C&Q is not going to help an oc , and that idea should be laughed at

Well, here I am...

I DID get +100 MHz when I enabled Cool n' Quiet from the BIOS settings. Windows started to change Vcore and multi according to workload as it should, but no stability issues ever showed up. If I try to disable Cool n' Quiet, I must reduce my proc frequency by at least those 100 MHz to stop random freezes, reboots, various weird issues with games and so on.

This may be an artefact of my VERY old processor or my very early rev. MSI... I have not heard of many cases where it actually helped. That is why I started my thread... I wanted to know if there was something wrong with my comp or something. Obviously all I got was a few views and lots of disrespect for even daring to ask such a ridiculous question.

My specs can be seen in my sig, I started overclocking after running a month or so at stock. I have no idea WHY it helped, the only thing I do know is that it DID help. I am running 1,625 V Vcore, mem is underclocked (crappy sticks) and running at stock 2,5 V. When Cool n' Quiet drops the Vcore, it drops to somewhere 'round 1,4 as it should and runs stable. I tried everything to reach the magical 2,5 GHz which was widely considered as the point where all Necastles hit the wall with air cooling... I removed the IHS, which resulted in a temp drop, but did not improve my OC very much: I reached slightly over 2400 MHz without the IHS. Then as the last unused tweak option I switched on Cool n' Quiet, and voilá: Windows boots at 2600 MHz nicely with slightly over 1,7 volts. The highest stable with reasonable volts was the magical 2500 MHz, so I decided to stick to it and be happy.

Call me a liar, ban me for sending out trolls or something, but I got better OC with Cool n' Quiet on. I don't know why it worked for me and why did it not work for most of you, but I suggest you give it a try... Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

EDIT:: Typo

Back