• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I'm building a desktop gaming PC..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would have kept this in one thread considering this is all about that build and its functionality.

A. I will merge the threads. :)
B. Create a signature with your parts listed in it so that when you post we all can see it easily. As it stands we have to click on your original thread to see what parts you actually have.

You are overthinking the maintenance though... I will add more when the merge is complete. :)

Ok..... let's see here............

1. You do not mention your resolution of the monitor.. I am guessing 1920x1080?

I do not play Dragon Commander or Diviinty: OS. They are not remotely popular to benchmark so that is tough to judge off of. Metro: LL. We use that benchmark for our GPU reviews on the front page. We use different settings (everything cranked essentially, see any of our GTX770 reviews on the front page). SSAA does hurt as it crunches the numbers to alais the entire screen...

That SSD guide seems incredibly involved for little reason I have to admit. There are no worries with indexing or searching that you would want to disable it. You can shrink the Page File sure, but that is purely a space saving function... same with restore points.

As far as how to use it so it will last long... just use it. Keep that CPU under 90C, keep the GPU under 85C (or it throttles, no big deal, its limit is 100C), and you will be juuuuuuuuuuuuuust fine. Don't continue to overthink it. Use it, and enjoy it. :)

Last edited:
Back