• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So, I'm getting the blue screen of fail...Help please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rockerguy
That is another setting that I don't see in the BIOS. I've looked for FSB termination voltage, and had no luck.

RJARRRPCGP,
I already have the vCore pretty high. I had it higher, and got the same message at the same time. Only difference with the lower setting, is I generate less heat.

Well, after a lot of searching, and reading, I have found out my problem. It is all with the DRAM frequency. I wasn't able to get it set at 400mhz (800mhz). So I had to eat a little of my manhood (I really wanted a clock rate of 3.5) and settle for 3.2. With the FSB set at 400 and the multiplier set at 8, it set the memory at 400mhz. So far, it's been running Prime for over an hour and still going strong. I guess my only hope in speeding things up from here. is to tighten up the timings on the memory.

8x400
command rate 2T
5-5-5-15
vcore 1.4750
CPU volt ref 0.63
Dram volts 2.10

temps fluxuate between 66 and 69 at full load. Running large FFT's

running large FFT's is for testing ram, you need small for stressing the cpu. :p

Cool. I figured Maximum heat/power consumption... Plus small FFT's were fine on a higher OC, it was the large FFT's or the blend is where I was getting failure.

I also am dropping vcore to 1.450 to try and lower the temps a little.

I really wish I could unlink the memory from the CPU. The CPU runs stable at a higher OC, but the ram is the failing point...

o ok so you didnt get that 4gig kit i linked to in your other thread... i was wondering why you said the ram was holding you back...

maybe time to get faster ram? :p

Yeah, my budget had run out. Had I known that my wife was going to get all cool on me, I would have gotten it. I have lowered vCore and DRAM voltage and it is running again. Still having no failure.

Is there much of a noticable difference if I was to switch it fro 2T to 1T and set the timing at 5-5-5-10 instead of 5-5-5-15?

I was messing with the settings and it didn't give me the "overclock failed" message when I set it that way. I did set it back though, since I want to test it with a lower voltage. If it passes with a lower voltage, then if it will make much of a difference I may change the timing.

I tried 4-4-4-12 and it failed. It would post, but wouldn't go farther then that. Just displayed "overclock failed".

its best to leave it at stock timings when at stock speed. going from 2t to 1t, you only notice the difference in benchmakrs, no RW gain from it.

Cool. It is still running strong in Prime with the lower voltage settings. Vcore is 1.450 and Dram is 1.80. Seems like my only problem was getting the crappy ram to the right setting, since I can't unlink it from the CPU. Temps are maxxing out at 65ºC under full load.

Maybe I'm seeing things wrong but isn't the ram running faster now at 400x8 with 1:1 vs, the other settings of 371x9 with 1:1 ?

the ram is running at stock now but yest faster then at 371mhz. like i pointed out the whole problem he was having was with the cpu. i havent seen any of his model be stable at 3.5ghz with air. he might get it stable on watercooling if he went that far.

Yes, the ram is running faster, than it was at 371. It is running faster than it was at 389 too, but it doesn't matter either way, since it doesn't want to be stable unless it's right at 400. I don't see why water cooling will make it more stable than air, if the air cooling will keep it cool? I am assuming that I could keep it cool at that clock rate... I do have an unused AC unit... gives me an idea... What if... :)

well the lower the cpu temps in some case the lower the cpu voltage you need to use. with water you can move more heat away then with just a air hs. its about finding the right mix with the parts you have,nothing wrong with that setup. :)

Back