• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Software vs Hardware (Fan Control)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Media

Curious, can software control all fans on the PC? I have the Carbide 400R and P8Z77-vPro mobo. I heard inside the UEFI there is a feature called Fan Xpert, but this controls all fans? Or are we still required to get the hardware to control the fans with the knobs....?

Curious, can software control all fans on the PC? I have the Carbide 400R and P8Z77-vPro mobo. I heard inside the UEFI there is a feature called Fan Xpert, but this controls all fans? Or are we still required to get the hardware to control the fans with the knobs....?

I actually just got rid of my hardware controller in favor of using the fan xpert.

but there is kind of a catch to it.. lol... the new case im ordering, comes with a controller built in.. so.. we'll see if i hook it up or not.

:attn:

I see. I wouldn't, I was going to get a case like that but ended up getting a Corsair Carbide 400R

Back