• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Solution: How to un/install ATI drivers in Windows 7 Beta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MakubeX

Right now trying to uninstall ATI drivers through the Catalyst Install Manager results in hang ups. I tried to uninstall it with Driver Cleaner and it didn't work either. This is how you can get around it:

To uninstall your current ATI Drivers download the CATALYST Uninstaller here: cat-uninstaller.exe

Run the Catalyst Uninstaller and it will uninstall all ATI software. Then reboot your PC (it will ask you to).

After it reboots simply install the new drivers (for example, the new ATI Win 7 Beta drivers) and it should install without any problems.

Out of curiosity, how does the 4870X2 perform in Windows 7? I was considering trying it out, but I had read that gaming performance went down. Any personal comparisons to Vista x64?

Out of curiosity, how does the 4870X2 perform in Windows 7? I was considering trying it out, but I had read that gaming performance went down. Any personal comparisons to Vista x64?

I can tell you for my 4870, I saw a reduction in 3DMark06 scores of about 6.5% compared to XP Professional. Just a guess, but I'd bet the performance is closer between Vista x64 and Win7 x64.

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't noticed your post before. I did some timedemo benchmark,s and my 4870X2 performed almost exactly the same as in Vista 64bit.

Back