• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Speedstep and C1E Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thats one thing i forgot i thought it lowered the fsb aswell, my bad... yea EIST just lowers the multi so your cpu is still oced so thats kinda a problem. the only option then in this case would be to disable C1E since that controls the voltage part of the cpu. Then just leave the EIST enabled that way it just drops the multi.

Im getting some of the EIST/C1E mixed up with the newer Core 2 mobile cpus and the can change fsb on demand, also auto ocing the cpu.

but is that a bad thing that is happening?

but is that a bad thing that is happening?
not a bad thing its just that if you want to keep you computer oced and still retain some of the power saving features. disable the C1E state so that even if your at a high fsb the voltage doesnt drop to something that is below a stable voltage.

^oh yeah that would be bad if the voltage dropped too low when you used C1E. So its a good idea to have speedstep enabled, but aren't you running too much voltage through the CPU which will shorten its life because of all the power???

^oh yeah that would be bad if the voltage dropped too low when you used C1E. So its a good idea to have speedstep enabled, but aren't you running too much voltage through the CPU which will shorten its life because of all the power???

Core/Core2 are doesnt have the high powerleakage like netburst..... i look at Core/Core2 arch like the old P3's can take the voltage and keep on tickin. i havent seen any threads anywhere about C2D's dieing from high volts. the main thing to watch is for high temps that will shorten the life of these more then voltage will. still though even with higher volts say like 1.4v to keep you cpu stable when oced. your cpu is at idle and lower clocks so its going to have a lower cpu die temp. not effecting the life of the cpu but lower the power used. since cpu speed and cpu-v will both effect the amount of power, its just not going to be as large a impact since your only lowering the cpu speed cause the lower cpu-v from c1e causes it to lock up.

Only reason I would ever use speedstep and c1e is to let the compressor relax a bit when idle in a phase change system.

Back