• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sport earbuds suggestions - no mic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So I've got kind of an odd request.

I've been using a cheapish pair of JBL Endurance earbuds while exercising for a few months now, but just in the past few days they've been sporadically turning down my phone's volume. I've had several sets of earbuds do this over the years (or maxing the volume, to much panic on my end). I've narrowed it to the little oversight that while many manufacturers claim a set of earbuds as being sweat and/or waterproof, the little inline mic/remote tends not to be.

I'm looking for a set of good workout 'buds - wired, decent sound quality, low cable noise (one of my biggest peeves of the JBLs), <$50, and most importantly, no inline mic/remote. Traditional IEM style over earhooks preferred.

Any suggestions?

What about the Jabra active ones? I have heard good things about them. Unsure on price but may only be slightly above the $50 mark for a previous year model

Open up the microphone part, disconnect the board in it (if there are more than 2 wires connected to the board, post pictures and I'll tell you which wire to cut), and glue it back together.

Back