• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spyware Problem Driving Me Nutz!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OcLinNoob

I'm at the point where spyware are constantly in my computer. I use programs that says they delete or fix every spyware that is on ur com. These f ing spyware changes my homepage. Mass pop ups and one in a while download programs and installing them with out my knowledge. I know it can't be any of my other family members downloading and installing these program because one thing is my mom and dad does not know how to use a computer. Any help would be appreciated. These spy wares are really violating our privacys. BTW I just uninstalled a program called clip genie wich was installed on my com without my knowledge.

have you used/upgraded adaware. It rocks...

You continue to get spyware from downloading new ones, or other ones that dont remove htem from your computer.

Use adaware every week or more and you'll have no problems.

ye ai'll try that. Also is anyone else having problems like them installing programs on your com with out u knowing. That just really ****es me off

use adaware and also get spybot. Running both of those will take care of almost everything. Afterwards get the google toolbar 2.0 because it has a popup blocker built in plus its darn useful....

^ Spybot also has the option of imunizing the computer against some spyware, so it doesn't get there in the first place. Worth using if you're getting swamped.

Agreed, download Spybot : Search and Destroy

As well, download Spyware Blaster to prevent those annoying ActieX based programs from installing. (You know, those sex dialling ones.)

(1) Download
(2) Install
(3) Update to the latest "definitions"
(4) Clean the crap off

omfg that stupid clip genie just downloaded onto my computer again. This is fuken ****ing me off.

Back