• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

starcraft2 clan for OCF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I misspoke apparently - they shouldn't be created for things like this, unless we want a half dozen stickies on topics which are only relevant to a small subset of the people in the games forum. That makes for a messy sticky section.

As such, I've fixed the situation and Starcraft2 is now part of the singular OCF Games Clan Sticky. :) Thanks for the PM Arcanise.

just played rainless in a game....wiped him out with little problem, any one else want to give ol arcy a try at his game?

I'll join in - just let me know you're from OCF! :)

Character Name : Ian
Character Code : 279

On a side note; what's the craziest strategy you guys have seen done? I just lost my final 1v1 placement match to a guy who did something really weird. We both played as Protoss, and I began by sending a probe over and building a pylon outside his base. He never really found it until about 20 minutes in, but he didn't need to! He went over to MY base, walled me in with about 10 or 15 photon cannons, and then built his expansion right outside my base. I tried warping 20+ stalkers over to his base, which worked wonderfully as his base was unguarded... until his army that he had stationed outside my base ran over and finished my guys off. Then he would send in a few little 10-15 man crews in at a time, which would usually be decimated by my photon cannons, until I finally pushed through and destroyed his expansion with my Void Rays, all but two of which died in the process :'(. Then he came in with HIS void rays and finished me off before I could send probes out to go expand. It was a really risky strategy on his part (his main base was totally unguarded!) but I had no idea how to counter it, which resulted in a win for him.

Last edited:
next time concentrate on defence your offence seams a bit too un organized

next time concentrate on defence your offence seams a bit too un organized

See right there you lose :) This game has NEVER been about defense. Its always about offense, your defense just consists of your offensive (placed right, timed right, scouting, ect). If I scout and see you turtle, I expand immediately, all while making sure you dont expand with my OFFENSE. By the time you build up with your first base, Ive already doubled/tripled your income.

well i was saying he should build up a little more defense in an offensive manner since it seems the enemy is walking into his base too easily, hell i can get 2 cannons next to my nexus at around the same time i have 5 zealots rushing

thank you very much IMOG and your welcome

What about "Thank you rainless?" (Nobody ever thanks rainless...)

just played rainless in a game....wiped him out with little problem, any one else want to give ol arcy a try at his game?

Yeah I took out arcanise without a problem. You need to work on your battle duldroms and crank out more Hydromonopowerglymphs if you want to stand a chance against me.

Nobody beats my DaisyFuentes Rush!

lol rainless that last statement makes me both want to kill you and love you at the same time

My skill level is beyond suck at the moment. Just played my 2nd ever online match (it was even one of the 50 freebies). It was a modified map, I'm guessing to protect new players from early rushes by blockading you in your main with a pile of rocks. That completely screwed me over.

i agree with doz, turtle = a loss. as toss fast forge is almost never a good idea. the only time i can think it would work is on lost temple and only if you scouted that they aren't going some sort of rush build.

My skill level is beyond suck at the moment. Just played my 2nd ever online match (it was even one of the 50 freebies). It was a modified map, I'm guessing to protect new players from early rushes by blockading you in your main with a pile of rocks. That completely screwed me over.

Yeah those rocks suck.

I've done 5-10 so far... I'm better than a LOT of people because I was pretty good at WC3 and it's really not that much different.

The main thing I learned about strategy games is boost your economy and the rest will take care of itself.

Locobot - 697

I'd love to join the clan. I've had pretty a mixed record so far, gold 1v1, bronze 3v3, plat 4v4. I play random and and change my strats a lot... It's always nice to find decent partners. I saved one 4v4 game where I built colossi and ripped through several armies :D I like the level of chaos with 3s and 4s.

The practice league is good for figuring out good build orders, but it favors some strategies that don't work as well in the normal game. Also it doesn't really prepare you for the speed of the actual game which can be shocking at first, but you will adapt quickly.

seeing as i havnt done this yet, ill do it

what do you guys want to see happen with the clan 2 weeks from now?!

Back